Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 49,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Restore SMS backup-ed to sd card

Tip us?

profcb
Old
(Last edited by profcb; 20th February 2014 at 03:08 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default Restore SMS backup-ed to sd card

Hi guys I need some big help. Well I have backuped my sms to a sd card. Now I have there one very important SMS but cannot read it. Neither I can read it on my PC nor on my phone using some backup tools. The file doesnīt have any extension it just says file. Does anyone know how to help me?

The fileīs size is 284 KB, so there are messages in it,but I just donīt know how to open it. I tried a lot of sms restore and backup programs from the goople play store.

bananagranola
Old
Thanks Meter 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by profcb View Post
Hi guys I need some big help. Well I have backuped my sms to a sd card. Now I have there one very important SMS but cannot read it. Neither I can read it on my PC nor on my phone using some backup tools. The file doesnīt have any extension it just says file. Does anyone know how to help me?

The fileīs size is 284 KB, so there are messages in it,but I just donīt know how to open it. I tried a lot of sms restore and backup programs from the goople play store.
I'm confused. What method did you use to back the SMSes up? Do you not remember because you tried a lot of programs?

profcb
Old
(Last edited by profcb; 20th February 2014 at 05:25 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I didnīt used any programm, I was using DHD with 2.3.5 android version, and it had a option export sms to SD card. That is how I did the backup.

comesefosseantani
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I used to have 2.3.5 until a couple of weeks ago and I don't rermember such an option to store messages on the sd. Anyway you could try with .xml extension...

Namru9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I remember on my old HTC Aries, when I backed up I was able to open and view using notepad++

XDA_h3n
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by profcb View Post
I didnīt used any programm, I was using DHD with 2.3.5 android version, and it had a option export sms to SD card. That is how I did the backup.
That's how I used to backup, then it wouldn't read on these android 4+ roms so I used play store apps to backup now.

My suggestion is try the same Rom you backup-ed and see for a restore button in the messaging app. The HTC backup won't work for the 3rd party backups.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S5 4G O2 16GB
ROM:Stock, unrooted - worse phone ever; can't return it

Other devices

HTC One Silver (32GB) - 4G
ROM:Viper Rom
BASE/FIRMWARE:6.09

HTC Desire HD 32 GB
ROM: CM11

Sony Xperia SL Black
ROM: CM11

Quote:
If I have helped you, please hit the the THANKS button! If not well, idc; this isn't an "interest" forum
My help is at your RISK!