FORUMS

Time-Lapse with ChronoSnap – XDA App Review

Some of the most interesting pictures are time-lapse animations that capture the … more

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Strange 'problem'...

Mortitheon
20th February 2014, 03:47 PM |#1  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Nothing 'big', but;
Yesterday I flashed a new ROM and everything went fine. I tried to turn on my WiFi and it didn't want to turn on. It just turned off automatically without even scanning. I cleared data, factory reset, nothing. Fortunately I had a CWM backup so I just restored it.
Today I tried the same thing with a completely different ROM. Same thing happened. I decided to root my phone and I did it. Suddenly, the WiFi turned on like normal after rooting.

I am trying to flash a new ROM so I can have OTA updates back, but without WiFi, that ain't possible. Anyone had the same problem?

Press THANKS if I helped!
20th February 2014, 03:53 PM |#2  
SilviuMik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 978
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaLKurTx3

Nothing 'big', but;
Yesterday I flashed a new ROM and everything went fine. I tried to turn on my WiFi and it didn't want to turn on. It just turned off automatically without even scanning. I cleared data, factory reset, nothing. Fortunately I had a CWM backup so I just restored it.
Today I tried the same thing with a completely different ROM. Same thing happened. I decided to root my phone and I did it. Suddenly, the WiFi turned on like normal after rooting.

I am trying to flash a new ROM so I can have OTA updates back, but without WiFi, that ain't possible. Anyone had the same problem?

Press THANKS if I helped!

Your modem does not update when u flash a new rom that is why u don`t have Wifi
Flash more times SAME rom until baseband gets updated and u will have your wifi back ^^
The Following User Says Thank You to SilviuMik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Mortitheon
20th February 2014, 03:55 PM |#3  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviuMik

Your modem does not update when u flash a new rom that is why u don`t have Wifi
Flash more times SAME rom until baseband gets updated and u will have your wifi back ^^

So, I have to flash the rom, than flash it again afterwards?

Press THANKS if I helped!
20th February 2014, 03:56 PM |#4  
SilviuMik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 978
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaLKurTx3

So, I have to flash the rom, than flash it again afterwards?

Press THANKS if I helped!

Yes
Usually 2 times is enough . Flash look in abot phone, flash again if baseband did not update
The Following User Says Thank You to SilviuMik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Mortitheon
20th February 2014, 04:02 PM |#5  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviuMik

Yes
Usually 2 times is enough . Flash look in abot phone, flash again if baseband did not update

Thanks very much for your time and info

Press THANKS if I helped!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Mortitheon
22nd February 2014, 08:18 AM |#6  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zana2

Check whether the password for wifi correctly put. flashing the ROM several times until baseband gets updated might also solve the issue.

It solved the issue

Press THANKS if I helped!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Mini Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank