Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,429 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! Note 2 bootloop, no recovery

Tip us?

Mbrar15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help! Note 2 bootloop, no recovery

Hey, so my note 2 (sgh-i317m variant) running 4.3 is stuck on the samsung screen and I cannot boot into recovery (it just stays at the samsung screen). What I believe caused this is the fact that I originally had it rooted, but flashed back to stock via odin to update to 4.3. Then I proceeded to re root it via odin and the cf auto root, however I forgot to factory reset before doing this. Now its stuck on the samsung screen and I cannot even get it into recovery mode. I can get it into download mode but whenever I try reflashing the stock rom (I have two different ones) neither of them work and Odin just displays "fail". I really dont know what else to do, hoping someone will know, thanks in advance.

53N53L355
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Friend, try Google for KIES3. After installation under the Menu bar..look into something recoveries..
There you'll need to enter your model and serial no.
Boot your hp to DOWNLOAD MODE and plug to your usb. Then let KIES do its work.
Hope it helps

Mbrar15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53N53L355 View Post
Friend, try Google for KIES3. After installation under the Menu bar..look into something recoveries..
There you'll need to enter your model and serial no.
Boot your hp to DOWNLOAD MODE and plug to your usb. Then let KIES do its work.
Hope it helps
That didnt work

zeeshanonlyme
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbrar15 View Post
Hey, so my note 2 (sgh-i317m variant) running 4.3 is stuck on the samsung screen and I cannot boot into recovery (it just stays at the samsung screen). What I believe caused this is the fact that I originally had it rooted, but flashed back to stock via odin to update to 4.3. Then I proceeded to re root it via odin and the cf auto root, however I forgot to factory reset before doing this. Now its stuck on the samsung screen and I cannot even get it into recovery mode. I can get it into download mode but whenever I try reflashing the stock rom (I have two different ones) neither of them work and Odin just displays "fail". I really dont know what else to do, hoping someone will know, thanks in advance.
POST the complete ODIN log here.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

waqar.qu
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbrar15 View Post
Did you end up figuring it out?