Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 39,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]can't go back to stock

Tip us?

giridhargp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default [Q]can't go back to stock

Am on xperia m.I already raised question in our section didn't get any response
Am in cm11. I want to go back to stock.so I tried to flash my FW in flashtool it gave me error .
ERROR..
FLASH ABORTING

and in flashtool folder there was another file.In that file it was like this

Java IOexceptional: can't read from source(this is only starting first line)

Second question
Can I go back to stock in cwm ,I mean flashing custom kernel and from cwm flashing zip . I made flashable zip from ftf(extracted system and meta folder and zip using compression to store)

Anyone please help

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1492

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by giridhargp View Post
Am on xperia m.I already raised question in our section didn't get any response
Am in cm11. I want to go back to stock.so I tried to flash my FW in flashtool it gave me error .
ERROR..
FLASH ABORTING

and in flashtool folder there was another file.In that file it was like this

Java IOexceptional: can't read from source(this is only starting first line)

Second question
Can I go back to stock in cwm ,I mean flashing custom kernel and from cwm flashing zip . I made flashable zip from ftf(extracted system and meta folder and zip using compression to store)

Anyone please help

Double check the stock ROM file you are using with flashtool is not corrupt, also I believe your problem is related to the fact that the Xperia M is not supported by flashtool, the full list of devices flashtool supports can be found here. That being said I would recommend trying to flash the stock ROM you made from the ftf in CWMR to try and take you back to the stock setup. Let me know if you still have questions I'll be happy to help you out.
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

giridhargp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208 View Post
Double check the stock ROM file you are using with flashtool is not corrupt, also I believe your problem is related to the fact that the Xperia M is not supported by flashtool, the full list of devices flashtool supports can be found here. That being said I would recommend trying to flash the stock ROM you made from the ftf in CWMR to try and take you back to the stock setup. Let me know if you still have questions I'll be happy to help you out.
Got solved.. Thanks for reply