5,595,815 Members 34,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in fastboot, cannot use controls, already flashed everything, any ideas?

Tip us?

Rev. Nathan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Calculator [Q] Stuck in fastboot, cannot use controls, already flashed everything, any ideas?

So to answer the first question, yes I followed the stickied guide up top, and yes, it successfully flashed the bootloader, wiped all data, and flashed stock ROM all to success. It appears my case is unique. I was told that it could be the battery connection, so I've done no fewer than half a dozen times of taking the back off, resetting the battery connection, and closing back up. It does not appear to be the battery.

I am stuck on the fastboot screen, the one where the android is lying down and blue squares project from an body. It shows me the controls I can make with the volume switches and the selection choice of 'Start'... but I cannot do anything. Before I went to flash I could move through the selection with Vol Up ONLY, but now I cannot even do that. Here's all the mode says:

Code:
FASTBOOT MODE
product name - grouper
variant - grouper
hw version - er3
bootloader version - 4.23
baseband version - n/a
serial number - ###############
signing - not defined yet
LOCK STATE - UNLOCKED
I've pretty spent the past twenty four hours on google searching through all the threads I've seen. They are either all dead, or most of them found the sticky fixed their problem. Has anyone heard of it coming to this?! All I can do is access fastbook VIA a DOS prompt and do fastboot commands, and if I disconnect the tablet from my PC, it'll remain in this mode with the screen on until the battery dies. Charging appears to charge the tablet, but again, no controls work. And yes, the buttons were set properly when I closed my tablet.

Anyone?

...Awesome...
Old
Recognized Developer / Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7223

DONATE TO ME
1) what is it exactly that your trying to do?

2) can u boot into the OS?

3) your recovery may be corrupt re-flash the recovery via fastboot

Rev. Nathan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ...Awesome... View Post
1) what is it exactly that your trying to do?

2) can u boot into the OS?

3) your recovery may be corrupt re-flash the recovery via fastboot
I'm just trying to boot up! I don't know what happened, but I haven't been able to use it for school all week!

I cannot boot into the OS. Any time I plug this device in it sends me to the fastboot screen with no controls.

OK I just flashed CWMR 6.0.4.3 and it did not fix the problem.

Any other ideas?

Rev. Nathan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I just repeated all the steps again to see if any of them failed before, they have not worked. So recap:

Stuck in fastboot mode
Android will not boot
Loose battery connection is not the problem
I am able to access fastboot on my computer
I have followed everything from the sticky (wipe everything, flash bootloader, flash image)
I have flashed a new recovery
I am still stuck in fastboot
I cannot control options in fastboot with the volume and power buttons
I can only access fastboot by charging my tablet
The only way the tablet will power down is when it completely depletes it's battery
As far as I can tell, nothing was wrong with the tablet when it was functioning
This happened when I went to charge my tablet, presumably when the battery ran flat running android
If I charge too long the tablet gets fairly hot.

That's about all the information I can provide. Is there anything else I can try? Please, I need a tablet for school and I cannot afford a new one!