Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 50,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Farewell to Epic 4G

Tip us?

AndyYan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 823
Default Farewell to Epic 4G

Long story short, it's been an unbelievably enjoyable ride with the Epic 4G, but it's coming to an end for me, since today I sold my Epic 4G...

From the days of learning to obey forum rules and respect developers under the help of @kennyglass123 , to testing out various ROMs with @xboxfanj and many others, to taking simple mods into my own hands, to seeing the Epic breathe a new life with @bbelos and @Unjustified Dev in latest versions of Android, yes, I've gone quite a long way through the Android world and it's the help I received and tried to offer that truly made me grow!
Before departure, I'd like to thank again those who have helped me / I have helped, it's you guys that endured my occasional arrogance and language gap as a Chinese!
Also, thank Samsung for HAVING PRODUCED such a nice phone that accompanied me for almost 2 years! <-- which means they don't do good phones anymore

I'll still occasionally check up on here and offer a hand, but until then... Au revoir!

Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Sony Xperia SP (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Gear (Null_ Build 23)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)
Nokia N97-1 (RM-505 22.0.110 Pre-Hacked)

Quote:
Multi-core smartphones are like M&Ms:
They don't melt on the store shelf... Just in your hands.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6171

DONATE TO ME
Ooh nexus 4. Wanna work on Sense?

Try out AK and Bricked kernel btw.

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

AndyYan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj View Post
Ooh nexus 4. Wanna work on Sense?

Try out AK and Bricked kernel btw.
Nah, I have to use Nexus 4 daily so CM+Franco gets to stay. AK and Bricked are a bit too customizable.
Where's the Sense port? Heard of it back in the Galaxy Nexus forum but didn't check it out. I can test it out when needed

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

Current devices:

Quote:

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6171

DONATE TO ME
Hasn't happened yet.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 25569

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
Long story short, it's been an unbelievably enjoyable ride with the Epic 4G, but it's coming to an end for me, since today I sold my Epic 4G...

From the days of learning to obey forum rules and respect developers under the help of @kennyglass123 , to testing out various ROMs with @xboxfanj and many others, to taking simple mods into my own hands, to seeing the Epic breathe a new life with @bbelos and @Unjustified Dev in latest versions of Android, yes, I've gone quite a long way through the Android world and it's the help I received and tried to offer that truly made me grow!
Before departure, I'd like to thank again those who have helped me / I have helped, it's you guys that endured my occasional arrogance and language gap as a Chinese!
Also, thank Samsung for HAVING PRODUCED such a nice phone that accompanied me for almost 2 years! <-- which means they don't do good phones anymore

I'll still occasionally check up on here and offer a hand, but until then... Au revoir!
Damn Andy...do you mean I have to come back and start answering questions again? You had it covered for so long! I guess I will see you in whatever phone you have now.

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

AndyYan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj View Post
Hasn't happened yet.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk
You know you got a tester here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123 View Post
Damn Andy...do you mean I have to come back and start answering questions again? You had it covered for so long! I guess I will see you in whatever phone you have now.
Kinda missed you Kenny
Q&A is still mine, as there aren't much questions these days so I don't need to pay too much attention to the section. I know you're a good and busy moderator around your forums so I'll keep your backyard covered.
I list my current phones in my signature - any phones that we both own? I do remember occasionally seeing you in GNex forums...

Current devices:

Quote: