Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more
Post Reply

[Q] Strange Question Regarding Glitch in Notification Bar

OP GalaxyHackster85

21st February 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
I just had a question about my notification bar having these weird artifacts on it. I doubt it's the display since it shows on the picture I posted. Any ideas or suggestions as to what it might be?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-02-20-22-25-02.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	2591542  
21st February 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Fayetteville NC
Thanks Meter: 45
 
222 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyHackster85

I just had a question about my notification bar having these weird artifacts on it. I doubt it's the display since it shows on the picture I posted. Any ideas or suggestions as to what it might be?

That slightly lighter area with AT&T on it and the line under it? That's the bottom of the "window shade" - the notification pulldown. You can push the notification pulldown back up from there.
21st February 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukbat

That slightly lighter area with AT&T on it and the line under it? That's the bottom of the "window shade" - the notification pulldown. You can push the notification pulldown back up from there.

Unfortunately not quite. I was referring to those two light Grey lines on the very corner of the pull pull down bar.
21st February 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 106
 
690 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyHackster85

Unfortunately not quite. I was referring to those two light Grey lines on the very corner of the pull pull down bar.

They just mark the space between them where there might be more information sometimes. It is normal.
21st February 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68

They just mark the space between them where there might be more information sometimes. It is normal.

Explain this please, because they're two crooked barely visible lines. I don't see how this could be normal or even what it means. And although your response seemed educated I have no idea what your talking about so that doesn't really help.
21st February 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Fayetteville NC
Thanks Meter: 45
 
222 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
There's nothing really visible in your picture, even when I fully exppand it. The arrow seems to be pointing to the top line. So I put on my reading glasses and my 20X magnifier (the one I use for working on microcircuits) and looked at my screen. Nothing there but the top line, an area slightly less dark than the area above the line and the bottom line. If your eyes are really that much better than mine, I can borrow a good microscope from the university and look at a pixel level, but I think what you're seeing is an artifact or dirt.
21st February 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 106
 
690 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyHackster85

Explain this please, because they're two crooked barely visible lines. I don't see how this could be normal or even what it means. And although your response seemed educated I have no idea what your talking about so that doesn't really help.

Just to make sure we are on the same page here. To me it looks like your crude arrow is pointing to the thin grey line that runs across the lower part of the screen above the bolder line. There is also one at the top that is very thin like maybe 2 or three pixels at most. These are the the top and bottom boarders for the information area of the pull down. If you get a text or an app wants to upgrade you can slide the bar down and the information about the text or the app and other information will appear between the two very tiny thin lines.

At all other times there is just a big dark void area between these lines.


Now if your image is showing something else then only you can see it because as stated by another poster we see nothing out of the ordinary for any Android phone running this version of Android in that screen image.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
notification, notification bar, weird
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes