XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab pro 8.4 WiFi issues??

Tip us?

manigault
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Tab pro 8.4 WiFi issues??

The two devices to which I can compare the wifi performance are a nexus 7 flo and an Lg G2. It seems that areas in my house where I normally get decent signal strength with the other two devices I am barely connected with the tab pro. Is anyone else getting poor wifi performance with this tablet? Maybe I just need to move my surfboard to the center of my house?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to manigault For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Crsdr37
Old
Thanks Meter 186

DONATE TO ME
Yes very poor... I had the nexus 7 and a note 3 both perfect in my room. This drops and goes from 3 to 0.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

manigault
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
I'm hoping that once some developers, hopefully, jump on this device wifi will be one of the issues resolved. Here's hoping it's not hardware related. It's really my only complaint about the device.

manigault
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
So i did some looking around on ye olde interwebs today. There is nothing mentioned anywhere yet concerning this(probably way too early) . I may call Bestbuy tomorrow and ask if they've had any calls/questions/returns related to this.

bckrupps
Old
Thanks Meter 91
my wifi has been outstanding. actually better then my gtab was. full bars still on the second floor streaming hulu.

Crsdr37
Old
Thanks Meter 186

DONATE TO ME
Yea not so much don't even have it in a case and I get like 2 bars where my phone is full bars

manigault
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
So I downloaded Wifi signal strength from the play store. Sitting in the same spot, the signal dbm and linkspeed are reading roughly the same as my G2. Data download speeds on the G2, though, are reading about twice what the tab is seeing. Can anyone explain this? G2 is reading around - 82 to - 86 dbm and tab around - 79 to - 82 dbm.

thundrbird1
Old
(Last edited by thundrbird1; 22nd February 2014 at 04:03 PM.) Reason: Adding an additional thought
Thanks Meter 1
I just got the Tab Pro 8.4 yesterday and I too am getting very poor connection. I was going to return my Nexus 7 2013 today but I'm having second thoughts now. I love the screen real estate on the Tab Pro but unless I'm in the same room where the router is at I get horrible connection. Both devices running 4.4 but the Nexus 7 has no connection issues. Tried every possible fix to no avail . Other than that I have absolutely NO complaints about this tablet. From screen resolution to performance, this Tab Pro rocks!!!!!!

TheSurgeon
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default No WI-FI issues at all

Hello. Iv'e had my tab pro 8.4 2 weeks now absolutely no wi- fi issues at all great signal anywhere in house and outside too.
I have 2 netgear 6300 routers one is used for main network and the other is used as a bridge switch and I have a motorola cable modem which I own system combination works great. My netgear 6300 routers are a,b,g,n and ac if you know what that is.The Samsung Tab Pro .4 is also a,b,g,n and AC capable many other brand tablets are not AC capable I hope you know what AC is.

I suggest you buy some better routers and a seperate modem. Then you will probably have much better wi-fi reception. If you have a modem router combination build in one unit throw it away it will never give you the wi-fi reception you expect unless you are right next to it.

Crsdr37
Old
Thanks Meter 186

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrbird1 View Post
I just got the Tab Pro 8.4 yesterday and I too am getting very poor connection. I was going to return my Nexus 7 2013 today but I'm having second thoughts now. I love the screen real estate on the Tab Pro but unless I'm in the same room where the router is at I get horrible connection. Both devices running 4.4 but the Nexus 7 has no connection issues. Tried every possible fix to no avail . Other than that I have absolutely NO complaints about this tablet. From screen resolution to performance, this Tab Pro rocks!!!!!!
I know a lot about WiFi and it has nothing to do with my equipment. I have an airport extreme new version and also a Linksys bridged upstairs through a power line Ethernet kit. All my devices are fine except this one. Not saying the speed is slow just low signal where other devices are full..... The speed is fine just weak signal