Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,111 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Z1 Compact pen mod? Is it possible?

Tip us?
 
noleen
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2006
Default [Q] Z1 Compact pen mod? Is it possible?

Hi
I am just curious if we can enable the pen mod on our z1 compact (as on the Z1 ) or is it just a dream ?
 
XperienceD
Old
#2  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,397
Posts: 7,292
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Here =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noleen View Post
Hi
I am just curious if we can enable the pen mod on our z1 compact (as on the Z1 ) or is it just a dream ?
Try it and see, it looks pretty simple to implement. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2652762
 
fox1226
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD View Post
Try it and see, it looks pretty simple to implement. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2652762
i have tried that app, it not work on my z1 compact
 
Riyal
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,671
Posts: 2,877
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Iloilo City

 
DONATE TO ME
Not sure but I think Xperia Z1 & Xperia Z1 Compact's digitizer is different. They get pen support on their devices whilst we get glove mode/floating touch support & Pressure detection.

Try looking for some sketch program that supports pen pressure input it works

Try this... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...estorm.artflow

And enable pressure support You'll be shock it works normally pressure input is just a unique feature of resistive screens.
 
papzi57
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 231
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: pécs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
Not sure but I think Xperia Z1 & Xperia Z1 Compact's digitizer is different. They get pen support on their devices whilst we get glove mode/floating touch support & Pressure detection.

Try looking for some sketch program that supports pen pressure input it works

Try this... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...estorm.artflow

And enable pressure support You'll be shock it works normally pressure input is just a unique feature of resistive screens.
Incompatible with Z1c, unable to download from market.
Xperia Z1c White rooted KitSlim EVO9, Unlocked BL
Xperia V white-AOKP-CM11 nightly Root Unlocked BL
Xperia Go white .100 Root Unlocked BL
 
Nikito27
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Oct 2013
Maybe you don't care anymore, but if you download pimp my z1 from the playstore and activate pen mode it works even on the z1c! Tried it myself!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more