Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 46,491 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CF AutoRoot

Tip us?
 
appelflap
Old
(Last edited by appelflap; 22nd February 2014 at 05:14 AM.)
#1  
appelflap's Avatar
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 800
Posts: 4,085
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Utrecht
Default CF AutoRoot

The famous and honorable mister Chainfire posted a working cf auto-root for the NotePRO Wifi and NotePRO LTE here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=235

I tested the WiFi variant and it works like a charm.

The procedure is as usual (Beware: This root method will flag or trip the KNOX counter):
1. download the zip file and unzip it
2. Use Odin 3.09 and put the unzipped tar.md5 file in the AP slot (all options set to default)
3. Boot your NotePRO into download mode (turn off NotePRO and hold the volume down button and power button simultaneously. Follow the instructions on the screen)
4. connect the NotePRO to your computer via the USB port, wait until Odin sees the device and hit Start
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to appelflap For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Beowulf_pt
Old
#2  
Beowulf_pt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 297
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lisbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelflap View Post
The famous and honorable mister Chainfire posted a working cf auto-root for the NotePRO Wifi and NotePRO LTE here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=235

I tested the WiFi variant and it works like a charm.

The procedure is as usual
1. download the zip file and unzip it
2. Use Odin 3.09 and put the unzipped tar.md5 file in the AP slot (all options set to default)
3. Boot your NotePRO into download mode (turn off NotePRO and hold the volume down button and power button simultaneously. Follow the instructions on the screen)
4. connect the NotePRO to your computer via the USB port, wait until Odin sees the device and hit Start
Interesting. My NotePro 12.12 Wifi only has two days so I'll wait a bit more before rooting, but definitely have to do it.
Will this work with all stock ROMs/countries?
---
Samsung GS2 i9100 + Samsung NOTE II N7100
 
rlabarca
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2007
Worked great - no issues. Tablet is now much more productive.

Best part is using AppSetting Xposed module. Can finally make use of the screen real estate

Can't seem to get Pen Window Manager to work though. Would really like to be able to configure the list of pop up windows. Wanam works great for adding apps to the Multi Window Tray. But it doesn't have options for Pen Window.
 
Duly.noted
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 497
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlabarca View Post
Worked great - no issues. Tablet is now much more productive.

Best part is using AppSetting Xposed module. Can finally make use of the screen real estate

Can't seem to get Pen Window Manager to work though. Would really like to be able to configure the list of pop up windows. Wanam works great for adding apps to the Multi Window Tray. But it doesn't have options for Pen Window.
Confirm if it works but shouldnt you be able to launch anything in the mw bar as a floating window just by tapping it? Even if it doesnt go to the pen window box

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
rlabarca
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 31
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted View Post
Confirm if it works but shouldnt you be able to launch anything in the mw bar as a floating window just by tapping it? Even if it doesnt go to the pen window box
Weird. Before I rooted, many programs wouldn't let me launch windowed from the multi window tray. Had to drag for normal multi window. But it seems now it let's me. Don't know why.
 
KestrelX
Old
#6  
KestrelX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 130
Posts: 373
Join Date: Nov 2012
Anyone have any ideas why CF's root would be getting stuck at cache.img for me? I'm bummed I can't get this working.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Safestrap, Dynamic Kat)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (stock. for now.)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (rooted, Freeza's ROM)
 
gryphus00
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2011
Default What is AppSetting Xposed module?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlabarca View Post
Worked great - no issues. Tablet is now much more productive.

Best part is using AppSetting Xposed module. Can finally make use of the screen real estate

Can't seem to get Pen Window Manager to work though. Would really like to be able to configure the list of pop up windows. Wanam works great for adding apps to the Multi Window Tray. But it doesn't have options for Pen Window.
Hi,
What is AppSetting Xposed module? Is it an app from the store, can you elaborate on it?
Thanks.
 
Spere
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 52
Posts: 206
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphus00 View Post
Hi,
What is AppSetting Xposed module? Is it an app from the store, can you elaborate on it?
Thanks.
App Settings XDA thread
 
KestrelX
Old
#9  
KestrelX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 130
Posts: 373
Join Date: Nov 2012
If an update gets pushed for our device will we be able to install it without a custom recovery?

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Safestrap, Dynamic Kat)
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (stock. for now.)
Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (rooted, Freeza's ROM)
 
ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 21st February 2014 at 07:43 PM.)
#10  
ValenteL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 832
Posts: 2,167
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Espinho
Chainfire made the CF-Auto-Root whit recovery's.img from this Rom's:

P900 --> P900XXUANB3

P905 --> P905XXUANB1
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes