Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,363 Members 43,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One vs Evo LTE: LTE signals

Tip us?
 
AarSyl
Old
#1  
AarSyl's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 727
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NJ
Default HTC One vs Evo LTE: LTE signals

I have had several phone replacements, and I am currently eligible an upgrade. I am considering between the One and the S4. So I just want to know, is the LTE signal for the One better than the Evo? For those of you who still have your Evo, can you post screenshots of the Signal difference the two using the app SignalCheck Lite (or a similar app)?

I really, really prefer Sense, but the LTE signal for the Evo was very disappointing. Also, knowing that the S4 will support Sprint Spark, it is now an option in my mind. Granted, Sense 5 takes precedence, because I don't like TouchWiz, and I don't really want to use AOSP every time I use my phone.

I didn't see another related thread, as I am discerning when posting new threads, especially when posting in the forum of a device that I don't own...yet.

Thoughts, comments?
 
raptoro07
Old
#2  
raptoro07's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,106
Posts: 2,711
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: High Point, NC, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarsyl View Post
I have had several phone replacements, and I am currently eligible an upgrade. I am considering between the One and the S4. So I just want to know, is the LTE signal for the One better than the Evo? For those of you who still have your Evo, can you post screenshots of the Signal difference the two using the app SignalCheck Lite (or a similar app)?

I really, really prefer Sense, but the LTE signal for the Evo was very disappointing. Also, knowing that the S4 will support Sprint Spark, it is now an option in my mind. Granted, Sense 5 takes precedence, because I don't like TouchWiz, and I don't really want to use AOSP every time I use my phone.

I didn't see another related thread, as I am discerning when posting new threads, especially when posting in the forum of a device that I don't own...yet.

Thoughts, comments?
If you like Sense and want Spark. Get a One Max. Also, only the newest model S4s get spark. The older model is not triband capable. I keep very good LTE nearly everywhere now especially since the update to Kit Kat.
Phone:Sprint HTC One
Revone S-Off'd
HBOOT: 1.55.0000
RADIO: 1.01.20.0515
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.2
Kernel: Kangaroo v058
ROM: ViperOne 7.0.1
 

The Following User Says Thank You to raptoro07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
AarSyl
Old
#3  
AarSyl's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 727
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NJ
I'm not exactly sold on the One Max as yet...and the upgrade price is more than the S4 and One combined.
 
Kraizk
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 338
Posts: 745
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: American Canyon
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarsyl View Post
I'm not exactly sold on the One Max as yet...and the upgrade price is more than the S4 and One combined.
Personally, I would wait a month for the refreshed HTC One
HTC 8125
HTC Tilt
Samsung Blackjack II
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPad
Motorola Atrix
HTC VIVID
HTC Inspire
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
HTC ONE X+
HTC ONE (SPRINT)
Eee Pad Transformer
Eee Pad Transformer Prime
NEXUS 7
 
Docarut
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 326
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarsyl View Post
I'm not exactly sold on the One Max as yet...and the upgrade price is more than the S4 and One combined.
I have not checked the sprint nexus 5 forums to see how that phone is faring but it also supports spark. You can buy from Sprint or directly from Google store and it will activate on Sprint. Just mentioning the phone but do not have opinion myself.

https://play.google.com/store/device...ack_16gb&hl=en

I believe 16GB is $349 and 32GB is $399.
 
regalpimpin
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 206
Posts: 534
Join Date: Jun 2010
I would wait for the m8 to be released. But I came from the evo lte and the One definitely holds its lte better. That was my major gripe with the evo lte.
The Mrs has a note 2 and I see her phone switching back n forth between 3g and 4g much more often then my One.
 
AarSyl
Old
#7  
AarSyl's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 727
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docarut View Post
I have not checked the sprint nexus 5 forums to see how that phone is faring but it also supports spark. You can buy from Sprint or directly from Google store and it will activate on Sprint. Just mentioning the phone but do not have opinion myself.

https://play.google.com/store/device...ack_16gb&hl=en

I believe 16GB is $349 and 32GB is $399.
It I'm going to pay that much, then I'll upgrade to the One Max for less money.

_______________________________________
Phone: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Sense 5, S-Off

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel
 
Docarut
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 326
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarsyl View Post
It I'm going to pay that much, then I'll upgrade to the One Max for less money.

_______________________________________
Phone: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Sense 5, S-Off

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel
I understand. Was just throwing that out there. It is not an upgrade, you will not extend contract. Plus you want Sense and this one would be pure Android since it is Google.

Best of luck with whatever you do. I am happy with the HTC One and do not know what it will take to pry this out of my old, cold hands....
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


CyanogenMod 11 M10 Available for Supported Devices

Summer vacation isover for most students out there, and it’s the time to get back to … more

XDA Forums Added for the First Batch of Android One Devices!

Just yesterday, we talked about the highly anticipated launch of the first batch … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more

Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more