Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 46,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

12.2 screen flicker

Tip us?

ad78
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default 12.2 screen flicker

i experience this today and right now opening up netflix im getting black screen but looks like the movie is loaded. i hope this is just a software issue.

MERK77
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad78 View Post
i experience this today and right now opening up netflix im getting black screen but looks like the movie is loaded. i hope this is just a software issue.
i did some testing on mine when the screen would flicker when i press the back button to many times or when i flip the screen . one of the issues i think that was causing the the flickering was that it was because some widgets were i guess refreshing after i turn the screen . to test this what i did was i wipe clean the tablet and started to download all my apps but did not install APW widgets and did not use any other launchers that did the trick no more flickering on mine at all i am going to start testing other launchers and see if there is one that will work better . i tried apex and nova lets see what else is good in the store .

MERK77
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default more testing

OK guys I did some more testing and I can definitely say that the flickering is caused by some software issues with some of the apps or widgets because I have tested many apps and launchers and some would cause the flickering and once the flickering started even if I uninstall whatever I downloaded the flickering stays . The only way the flickering went away was to reset the device and erase everything or reflash the Os . When I did that the flickering never came back . I think there might be a bug in the system. I highly doubt it is a hardware issue .