Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 42,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Flash Stock Recovery?

Tip us?

WeeJockMacFeegle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Question How to Flash Stock Recovery?

I'm probably missing the obvious here, but for the life of me I can't find a thread that tells me exactly how to flash stock recovery for my 4.3 rom.

Need to get back to stock to use triangle away to reset the flash counter to send off for repair.

It doesn't help that every time I've tried to search xda today I get a "search not available" error.
SPV E200 --> SPV C500 --> SPV C550 --> MDA Compact II --> Mitac Mio A701 --> Vario III --> HTC Touch HD --> HTC Desire --> Samsung Galaxy S2 --> LG 4X HD --> Samsung Galaxy Note 2

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 2,289
You have to flash a stock rom through odin AFAIK to get stock recovery You will then have to root it to use triangle away then unroot through super user to get back to complete stock. Not 100% sure triangle away has been updated for 4.3 though

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WeeJockMacFeegle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor View Post
You have to flash a stock rom through odin AFAIK to get stock recovery You will then have to root it to use triangle away then unroot through super user to get back to complete stock. Not 100% sure triangle away has been updated for 4.3 though

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks, after several hours of reading I eventually reached the conclusion that a stock rom through Odin was going to have to be the way to go. Bit of a pain because the download of the full rom from sammobile took over a day! (on my 20mb connection) but got there in the end.

I was hoping there'd be a way of flashing just the stock recovery, but it seems not.
SPV E200 --> SPV C500 --> SPV C550 --> MDA Compact II --> Mitac Mio A701 --> Vario III --> HTC Touch HD --> HTC Desire --> Samsung Galaxy S2 --> LG 4X HD --> Samsung Galaxy Note 2

iggloovortex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJockMacFeegle View Post
Thanks, after several hours of reading I eventually reached the conclusion that a stock rom through Odin was going to have to be the way to go. Bit of a pain because the download of the full rom from sammobile took over a day! (on my 20mb connection) but got there in the end.

I was hoping there'd be a way of flashing just the stock recovery, but it seems not.
Hi I was wondering if you had tried to use triangle away before flashing the stock recovery? I'm trying to understand if thats the actual reason that mine doesn't work