Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

Question on downgrade

22nd February 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 55

508 posts
More
I originally updated from MI1 to MJ7, which was a stupid move, but just wondering if there is anyway to downgrade back in order to have full root and benefits?

I want to restore my phone and if I can go back, that would be great, because I don't want to go forward because if there is a new upadte it would make it worse instead of better, in terms of rooting.

Please advise
22nd February 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #2  
Flag spokane
Thanks Meter: 30

254 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite-fusion

I originally updated from MI1 to MJ7, which was a stupid move, but just wondering if there is anyway to downgrade back in order to have full root and benefits?

I want to restore my phone and if I can go back, that would be great, because I don't want to go forward because if there is a new upadte it would make it worse instead of better, in terms of rooting.

Please advise

you can root mj7 mine is
22nd February 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY

508 posts
More
i heard that vroot isnt a good way to go...no?

Can I install custom roms on MJ7?

what would be the best way to restore this? with a file, or just go through the settings and do a factory reset?
22nd February 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

35 posts
Quote:

i heard that vroot isnt a good way to go...no?

Can I install custom roms on MJ7?

what would be the best way to restore this? with a file, or just go through the settings and do a factory reset?

Just keep taking OTAs up to MK2 (The latest). From there you can root and install safestrap (and a safestrap compatible rom). You cannot flash AOSP roms; the bootloader is locked down post MDK. This thread is pretty much all you need http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
22nd February 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY

508 posts
More
so can mk2 be rooted?
22nd February 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 107

119 posts
Quote:

so can mk2 be rooted?

You should probably read the stickied thread at the top of the forum.
Its called What you need to know before, during and after modifying your verizon S4
Its probably relevant to your interests no?
This is the second time someone has linked you to it. I promise you if you READ THE WHOLE THING before asking anymore questions, you wont have questions to ask.
22nd February 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 309

979 posts
More
Quote:

so can mk2 be rooted?

Yes. Search for "Saferoot". I can't stress enough....... RESEARCH FIRST. It will save you a lot of headaches.

Sent from my NCC-1701 using Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread