Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No OS Installed, Can't Mount /data [Solved]

Tip us?

Aciz
Old
(Last edited by Aciz; 22nd February 2014 at 11:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] No OS Installed, Can't Mount /data [Solved]

Okayyyy.... So, I was a bit foolish and when trying to install CM11, I wiped my internal storage. So now I don't have OS on my phone. Also, I cannot mount /data in TWRP 2.6.3.0. What to do next as there is no RUU available for Mini? ADB Sideload doesn't work either due to me not being able to mount /data. What do do now? :I

theodorius123
Old
Thanks Meter 77
you wiped your internal-SD and have no ROM.zip to install anything? happened to me a few days ago

you can install a ROM via ADB (never did this) or push a new ROM.zip on your /sdcard/ via "adb push" and install this within recovery.

Aciz
Old
(Last edited by Aciz; 22nd February 2014 at 10:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodorius123 View Post
you wiped your internal-SD and have no ROM.zip to install anything? happened to me a few days ago

you can install a ROM via ADB (never did this) or push a new ROM.zip on your /sdcard/ via "adb push" and install this within recovery.
Okay, I was able to push the CM & gapps zips into my sdcard, but I still cannot mount /data, so I am unable to install it :/ Any more suggestions?

Edit: seems that TWRP also says "unable to mount internal storage".

Aciz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Okay, I got it solved Had to flash stock recovery, do factory reset and then re-flash TWRP, and I was able to mount /data and internal storage again
The Following User Says Thank You to Aciz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pirecks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciz View Post
Okay, I got it solved Had to flash stock recovery, do factory reset and then re-flash TWRP, and I was able to mount /data and internal storage again
Still haven't been able to find the stock recovery for a HTC One Mini INTL, can anybody link me? I've searched XDA and google everywhere.

l3raveHeart
Old
(Last edited by l3raveHeart; 9th August 2014 at 10:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciz View Post
Tell me please where did you find the mini(m4) stock recovery, 'cause yes there are no RUU's out there for the mini and I literally got the same problem as yours I wiped the internal storage no OS, etc. and unable to mount data. I'm hopeless tried everything..I pushed the zip to data/media and it successfully copied but as you know unable to mount data so no use. Please tell me where can I get the stock recovery img file.

Thank you in advance.

Aciz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3raveHeart View Post
Tell me please where did you find the mini(m4) stock recovery, 'cause yes there are no RUU's out there for the mini and I literally got the same problem as yours I wiped the internal storage no OS, etc. and unable to mount data. I'm hopeless tried everything..I pushed the zip to data/media and it successfully copied but as you know unable to mount data so no use. Please tell me where can I get the stock recovery img file.

Thank you in advance.
I can't remember where I got it I'm afraid, but I might still have it on my PC. But I won't be home until Sunday evening
The Following User Says Thank You to Aciz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]