FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello all. This is my own custom kernel.

I tailored it to work on stock roms.

I updated the sources (as my knowledge allows me to do it) up to 2.6.35.14.

I put there SWAP support (via a second partition on your SD card). You can enable it with Swapper2.

I also put init.d support. You *must* follow the step number 2 detailed in this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2287540, as I already did step 1 for you.

EXT4 and NTFS support is there, too, in the case that you have a sdcard formatted in that file systems, but I haven't tested the NTFS features.

HTC Performance locks is disabled: you can underclock down to 19,2 khz if you want to.

Also, there are SmartAssV2 as default governor and Simple I/O as scheduler.

I hope I will soon be able to put undervolting there, or more CPU clocks for more choices of clock settings.

Comments, please, and enjoy!!

Edit:

You have to copy the files inside modules.zip to
Code:
/system/lib/modules
. Thanks to johan111 for pointing to this.
Attached Files
File Type: img bootv6initd.img - [Click for QR Code] (2.67 MB, 86 views)
File Type: zip modules.zip - [Click for QR Code] (246.0 KB, 47 views)
Last edited by tokafondo; 11th May 2014 at 10:03 PM. Reason: things I forgot
24th February 2014, 11:34 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag GIZA
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokafondo

Hello all. This is my own custom kernel.

I tailored it to work on stock roms.

I updated the sources (as my knowledge allows me to do it) up to 2.6.35.14.

I put there SWAP support (via a second partition on your SD card). You can enable it with Swapper2.

I also put init.d support. You *must* follow the step number 2 detailed in this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2287540, as I already did step 1 for you.

EXT4 and NTFS support is there, too, in the case that you have a sdcard formatted in that file systems, but I haven't tested the NTFS features.

HTC Performance locks is disabled: you can underclock down to 19,2 khz if you want to.

Also, there are SmartAssV2 as default governor and Simple I/O as scheduler.

I hope I will soon be able to put undervolting there, or more CPU clocks for more choices of clock settings.

Comments, please, and enjoy!!


very very good mate ! , but how can i flash it? from fastboot or ? , and what about swap tested? on stock rom?
25th February 2014, 12:43 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohabmoka

very very good mate ! , but how can i flash it? from fastboot or ? , and what about swap tested? on stock rom?

Yes, you will have to flash it by using fastboot:

(remember to have a cwm backup just in case you want to reflash your original boot partition)

Code:
fastboot flash boot bootv6initd.img
Swap partition goes as second partition of SD card. Swapper2 will work to format it as 'swap' type.
26th February 2014, 04:29 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 261
 
Donate to Me
More
hm, happy to see still chacha development is active....did anyone tested it?
27th February 2014, 02:05 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
eager
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeevlal

hm, happy to see still chacha development is active....did anyone tested it?

I'm eager to try it but I just love your port man, I will get a new phone in march so I will have the time to test more things on my chacha
Last edited by swashie; 27th February 2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: typo
27th February 2014, 02:37 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 261
 
Donate to Me
More
hm i tried to build kitkat but it didnt work and it needs more knowledge than what i have.... and if we can keep the kernal up to date, may be some issues in custom rom might get fixed (HOPE)
The Following User Says Thank You to ajeevlal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 11:56 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag GIZA
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:


I also put init.d support. You *must* follow the step number 2 detailed in this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2287540, as I already did step 1 for you.


i cant file called sysinit in system/bin !! or i must create it and type the code inside it?
26th July 2014, 08:58 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
It's a text file you should create. Type in the code, set owner and permissions and you are done.
31st October 2014, 07:40 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Flag Gandhidham
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Question Custom Kernel Not Supporting on Chacha with Stock Rom (Rooted with Busybox)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokafondo

Hello all. This is my own custom kernel.

I tailored it to work on stock roms.

I updated the sources (as my knowledge allows me to do it) up to 2.6.35.14.

I put there SWAP support (via a second partition on your SD card). You can enable it with Swapper2.

I also put init.d support. You *must* follow the step number 2 detailed in this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2287540, as I already did step 1 for you.

EXT4 and NTFS support is there, too, in the case that you have a sdcard formatted in that file systems, but I haven't tested the NTFS features.

HTC Performance locks is disabled: you can underclock down to 19,2 khz if you want to.

Also, there are SmartAssV2 as default governor and Simple I/O as scheduler.

I hope I will soon be able to put undervolting there, or more CPU clocks for more choices of clock settings.

Comments, please, and enjoy!!

Edit:

You have to copy the files inside modules.zip to

Code:
/system/lib/modules
. Thanks to johan111 for pointing to this.

The moment I install the provided zip, and reboots, the phone becomes un-stable and the screen flickers constantly with the icons.

Android :2.3.3
Stock Chacha Sense 2.1 based on India: 1.20.720.1
Kernel: 2.6.35.

Any help !!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
init.d, kernel, stock rom, swap
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes