OP aahfra

22nd February 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
hi evry boddy

i have a new galaxy tab 3 t217a with at*t app

so when i put my sim from moroco ther is no dialer or sms

and my question is how can i call with this ? device it's possible or not ? if yes how make it active

plz don't say me drop it in the sea as som developers in an other forum thnx and have a nice day
25th February 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Waite Park, MN.
Thanks Meter: 3,596

2,309 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahfra

hi evry boddy

i have a new galaxy tab 3 t217a with at*t app

so when i put my sim from moroco ther is no dialer or sms

and my question is how can i call with this ? device it's possible or not ? if yes how make it active

plz don't say me drop it in the sea as som developers in an other forum thnx and have a nice day

you can't just put a different carriers sim in the device, you have to SIM unlock it first, and it's my understanding that the FCC restrictions on sim unlocking are pretty specific. call AT&T tell them you need to use the devcie over seas see if they will give you the unlock code, or there are several options out there for unlocking just google "Galaxy Tab3 SM-T217A SIM Unlock", You'll get about 68,400 search results.
26th February 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #3  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 5

39 posts
More
As far as I know, the t217a does not have voice capabilities. I use a voip app that allows me to call via data services. I use google hangouts for instant messaging. I do know that text will work but I do not have text on my plan so I don't use it. Hangouts will handle sms now. I have been told that the t217a does not have the hardware for traditional voice services but I don't know if that is true or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk
Last edited by bl2128; 26th February 2014 at 04:01 AM.
31st October 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
More
Wink Not True
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl2128

As far as I know, the t217a does not have voice capabilities. I use a voip app that allows me to call via data services. I use google hangouts for instant messaging. I do know that text will work but I do not have text on my plan so I don't use it. Hangouts will handle sms now. I have been told that the t217a does not have the hardware for traditional voice services but I don't know if that is true or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

The SM T217A does indeed have a built in phone but it is locked by the carrier. Once you have unlocked the tab the phone capabilities are also unlocked. Although you may look pretty silly using this big brick as a phone in public
Last edited by gryffon; 31st October 2014 at 10:30 PM.
11th November 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryffon

The SM T217A does indeed have a built in phone but it is locked by the carrier. Once you have unlocked the tab the phone capabilities are also unlocked. Although you may look pretty silly using this big brick as a phone in public

Ive unlocked it and there is no DIALER, SMS works well with hangouts or go sms pro.

You can not make calls on this tablet unless someone makes a ROM for it with the dialer not stripped down like the one in stock rom (unlikely to happen).

In my experience, if you call this tablet from another phone it wont even ring or anything till the carriers voice mail kicks in, this means the phone in this ROM has been permanently disabled.

Also there are NO free ways to unlock it, cheapest one is 19usd(USB reading of NV files), let me know if you want it to hook you up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread