Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

The s pen features stopped working

OP jpkillerage

22nd February 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I made this account to adrress the issue here, as ive not seen someone realy give an answer before apart from 'restart your device' or 'turn air command on'
The story s short: one day it worked, the other day i updated the tab to 4.2 and then it stopped working... i went back to 4.1 and it still didnt work, so now im stuck without being able to open the menu, nor can i use the button related features.
Ive tested my s pen on other note, and it works perfectly too, so im sure it has to do with my device.
Any help, ideas or well... anything???
Thanks in advance
22nd February 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkillerage

I made this account to adrress the issue here, as ive not seen someone realy give an answer before apart from 'restart your device' or 'turn air command on'
The story s short: one day it worked, the other day i updated the tab to 4.2 and then it stopped working... i went back to 4.1 and it still didnt work, so now im stuck without being able to open the menu, nor can i use the button related features.
Ive tested my s pen on other note, and it works perfectly too, so im sure it has to do with my device.
Any help, ideas or well... anything???
Thanks in advance

Some more info: i checked and in 4.1 theres no air command option now (if there ever was). Cant remember if there was such an option in 4.2, but i guess there was...

Maybe i somehiw turned it off, then it dssapeared then when i went back to 4.1 i lost the option to actually turn it on??????
22nd February 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #3  
bloomington, il
Thanks Meter: 6

43 posts
See if you have Spen settings under System

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mankand007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #4  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 52

142 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankand007

See if you have Spen settings under System

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

There was is Air Command in Note 8.0. Air command was introduced with Note 3.0

however, if you mean the "quick command" then you press the button on pen and drag from bottom of screen towards top.
and that should bring out the panel for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to intelliriffer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #5  

1 posts
S pen not working
I have an Note 8 N5120. I have also lost access to my pen. The pen itself works fine on my Note 2. It is possible that it was related to the latest update to version 4.2.2. I do not have any idea how to get access back. I am probably going to do a factory reset but I didn't really want to lose my level in Candy Crush . Rooting is another possibility and of course it could be the proximity sensor hardware in the device. If anyone else has run into this and then fixed it please let us know.
24th February 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelliriffer

There was is Air Command in Note 8.0. Air command was introduced with Note 3.0

however, if you mean the "quick command" then you press the button on pen and drag from bottom of screen towards top.
and that should bring out the panel for you.

what I meant was trying to bring up to the menu by touching the button On The spen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread