FORUMS

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello,

I would like to unroot my Bell HTC One from Bell.

I has stock ROM: KitKat 4.4.2
hboot 1.56
bootloader is unlocked
S-ON

How do I unroot my device?

I'm used to unrooting on Samsung devices and returning back to stock, but I have no clue how to do it on the HTC One.

Thanks
22nd February 2014, 10:15 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops1055

Hello,

I would like to unroot my Bell HTC One from Bell.

I has stock ROM: KitKat 4.4.2
hboot 1.56
bootloader is unlocked
S-ON

How do I unroot my device?

I'm used to unrooting on Samsung devices and returning back to stock, but I have no clue how to do it on the HTC One.

Thanks

Install custom recovery (Twrp)
I you can unroot from there I think , see thread by nkk71
Lots of threads on doing this.
Last edited by mb_guy; 22nd February 2014 at 10:18 PM.
22nd February 2014, 10:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy

Install custom recovery (Twrp)
flash supersu.zip
Lots of threads on doing this.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already have custom recovery installed (Twrp)

So how does flashing supersu.zip unroot my device?
22nd February 2014, 10:40 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops1055

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already have custom recovery installed (Twrp)

So how does flashing supersu.zip unroot my device?

Sorry, I re read your post and edited it but you had already replied

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops1055

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already have custom recovery installed (Twrp)

So how does flashing supersu.zip unroot my device?

This may work
unroot by deleting the Superuser.apk and busybox.apk (If installed) from the /system/app folder and also the su binary from /system/xbin on your phone.
22nd February 2014, 11:02 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_guy

Sorry, I re read your post and edited it but you had already replied

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------



This may work
unroot by deleting the Superuser.apk and busybox.apk (If installed) from the /system/app folder and also the su binary from /system/xbin on your phone.

I tried your suggestion, I was able to delete both files, but after reboot, the files were back
23rd February 2014, 02:25 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 477
 
More
Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2321585

sent from my mobile device
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes