MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Post Reply

[XPOSED] XperiaFMwoHS - FM Radio without headset

22nd February 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 53
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Makes Xperia FM radio work without wired headset. Not always good reception but we should have choice
Here you have the source:
https://github.com/thermatk/XperiaFMwoHS
The binary:
https://github.com/thermatk/XperiaFMwoHS/releases
And Xposed repo link:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.t...f.xperiafmwohs

Based on the findings of DaRk-L0rD
Attached Files
File Type: apk XperiaFMwoHS.apk - [Click for QR Code] (234.5 KB, 1245 views)
Last edited by thermatk; 23rd February 2014 at 02:22 PM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to thermatk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #2  
Kocayine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 159
 
1,077 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Great stuff. Easier than editing the apk for sure.
23rd February 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
I couldn't catch any radio without the headset :S
23rd February 2014, 01:43 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 88
 
639 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapoPT

I couldn't catch any radio without the headset :S

yes, me too. Can't catch their signals.
23rd February 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 53
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bern4d1

yes, me too. Can't catch their signals.

On Z Ultra I get great reception but only in the open air. Maybe Z Ultra is just big enough
23rd February 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #6  
donedos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bacolod
Thanks Meter: 58
 
195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermatk

Makes Xperia FM radio work without wired headset. Not always good reception but we should have choice
Here you have the source:
https://github.com/thermatk/XperiaFMwoHS
The binary:
https://github.com/thermatk/XperiaFMwoHS/releases
And Xposed repo link:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.t...f.xperiafmwohs

Confirmed! Works with Xperia tablet Z 4.3 SGP311... thanks man!
23rd February 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #7  
ansebovi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 796
 
1,073 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Works in Xperia M dual
but it cant obtain any signal...
maybe there might a code to search for signal using headset?
if u can please took into it
edit:
i tried with edited radio3.apkon my own by the guide to modify smali.....it has same result...only can open radio...but its not obtaining signal
23rd February 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 53
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansebovi

Works in Xperia M dual
but it cant obtain any signal...
maybe there might a code to search for signal using headset?
if u can please took into it
edit:
i tried with edited radio3.apkon my own by the guide to modify smali.....it has same result...only can open radio...but its not obtaining signal

Radio3.apk is easily decompilable to java code with dex2jar and jd-gui and you can try to look for such code for yourself. But I'm sure there is nothing of this kind, they use the same codebase for all devices and why would they implement the same restriction twice?
Xperia M is 4", so maybe it is just too small to get around without headset?
23rd February 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Working flawless with impresive reception on my XZ .101
Ty very much..
14th March 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #10  
hasn4179's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermatk

On Z Ultra I get great reception but only in the open air. Maybe Z Ultra is just big enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermatk

Radio3.apk is easily decompilable to java code with dex2jar and jd-gui and you can try to look for such code for yourself. But I'm sure there is nothing of this kind, they use the same codebase for all devices and why would they implement the same restriction twice?
Xperia M is 4", so maybe it is just too small to get around without headset?

No its not about mobile i think, i have xperia u and I can get good reception in open air, but a not so good reception (although it DOES catch stations) indoors...

EDIT: it ofcourse also depends upon the altitude, i good clear reception on 2nd floor but poor reception on ground floor
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sony Cross-Device Development General by ThreadRank