Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 39,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] galaxy tab gt-p7500 stuck with no OS

Tip us?

nlm842
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] galaxy tab gt-p7500 stuck with no OS

im having some trouble installing a new OS on my gt-p7500 after wiping everyting. i have TWRP installed but im trying to find a way to push my new rom onto it. when i connect it to my windows 7 based laptop it says that the drivers where not installed. ive installed samsung drivers several times but it keeps saying the same damn thing :/ odin recognizes the device but kies cant connect... any ideas?

Deep Nox
Old
Thanks Meter 24
You could try flashing the rom anyway. Kies is to install drivers only, if heimdall see the tab, you should be fine. If not, google gt 7500 drivers, should lead to samsung web site to find the drivers for your laptop. Install, and you are good to go.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda app-developers app
Sent from a Galaxus tabosaurous REX from 40m below.

nlm842
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Nox View Post
You could try flashing the rom anyway. Kies is to install drivers only, if heimdall see the tab, you should be fine. If not, google gt 7500 drivers, should lead to samsung web site to find the drivers for your laptop. Install, and you are good to go.

okay, so now i did all that and apparently heimdall sees the device, now it tells me to locate heimdall firmware package...? is this not the same ROM file as in ODIN?

Deep Nox
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlm842 View Post
okay, so now i did all that and apparently heimdall sees the device, now it tells me to locate heimdall firmware package...? is this not the same ROM file as in ODIN?
It could be the same. But, heimdall has more options. A heimdall package i have not used. Normally a rom is in a zip or tar format. Unzip the rom. Open heimdall front end. I have heimdall 1.1. Then put the cache/recovery/param files in the corresponding places. Their is 5 or 6 if i remember right. Then flash. Just do some research first to make sure of everything.

Sent from a Galaxus tabosaurous REX from 40m below.