Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 46,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [PORT] CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Slate 7 Plus 4200xx

Tip us?

jerbear294
Old
(Last edited by jerbear294; 25th February 2014 at 03:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Default [ROM] [PORT] CyanogenMod 10.1 for the Slate 7 Plus 4200xx

[B][U]DISCLAIMER: I am NOT responsible for any damage you do to your device.{/B}{/U]

This is CyanogenMod 10.1, a highly customizable AOSP-based ROM, now ported to the HP Slate 7 Plus!

To avoid any crashes while using this ROM make a Nandroid backup and wipe cache, dalvik-cache and data.
This ROM requires ClockWorkMod to be on your device. You can get it here.

To support open development my trees are available on GitHub.

Device tree
Kernel tree

Downloads
Only one or two downloads will be here at a time to save space.

CyanogenMod is not yet ready, a few kernel tweaks are needed to get the thing to boot up
Current Device: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Android 4.4.2 - AOSP - Build DoPa 1.1

Current Development: CyanogenMod for the Slate 7 Plus, Ubuntu Touch for the Sero 7 Pro (M470BSA/USA Model)
DEVELOPMENT TEMPORARILY HALTED - sowwy

Like the Sero 7 Pro? Go to this thread and ask for our own forum and then add this to your signature till we get one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerbear294 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zarto
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I stole the ROM zip from the server

When I try to flash it says :

Code:
about to run program [/tmp/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
Not backing up files from incompatible version: 10.1
run_program: child exited with status 127
format: unsupported fs_type "ext4" partition_type "EMMC"script aborted (no error message)
script aborted (no error message)E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10.1-20140223-UNOFFICIAL-birch.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
I compared the format command in updater-script from your ROM with the stock one, and I can't find any difference.
I really don't understand ...
I even tried to only let this to updater-script :
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
but it fails too with the same error ...

I found this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2407649 not sure it can help.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Ok the problem was update-binary file, I replaced it with stock update-binary file : ROM installed succesfully.
I suppose your update-binary doesn't support ext4 file system.

Now when rebooting I'm stuck on the first HP logo

jerbear294
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarto View Post
I stole the ROM zip from the server

When I try to flash it says :

Code:
about to run program [/tmp/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
Not backing up files from incompatible version: 10.1
run_program: child exited with status 127
format: unsupported fs_type "ext4" partition_type "EMMC"script aborted (no error message)
script aborted (no error message)E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10.1-20140223-UNOFFICIAL-birch.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
I compared the format command in updater-script from your ROM with the stock one, and I can't find any difference.
I really don't understand ...
I even tried to only let this to updater-script :
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
but it fails too with the same error ...

I found this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2407649 not sure it can help.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Ok the problem was update-binary file, I replaced it with stock update-binary file : ROM installed succesfully.
I suppose your update-binary doesn't support ext4 file system.

Now when rebooting I'm stuck on the first HP logo
WTH
It could be a problem with SELinux, I hate that little devil sometimes.

Current Development: CyanogenMod for the Slate 7 Plus, Ubuntu Touch for the Sero 7 Pro (M470BSA/USA Model)

Like the Sero 7 Pro? Go to this thread and ask for our own forum and then add this to your signature till we get one.

fifounet75
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi,

I have a question, I did install cwm on my hp slate 7 plus (4200ef), but is it normal that I cannot make a backup of the system with it?

And I don't know the manipulation to directly access the recovery mode, on the hp slate 7 plus .... I try many things like Power + volume up or down and nothing...

I would like to try cyanogenmod but I didn't backup the orginal firmware ... I would like a least backup my ToZlate firmware.... and parameters...

Thanks If you can tell me!!

zarto
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifounet75 View Post
Hi,

I have a question, I did install cwm on my hp slate 7 plus (4200ef), but is it normal that I cannot make a backup of the system with it?

And I don't know the manipulation to directly access the recovery mode, on the hp slate 7 plus .... I try many things like Power + volume up or down and nothing...

I would like to try cyanogenmod but I didn't backup the orginal firmware ... I would like a least backup my ToZlate firmware.... and parameters...

Thanks If you can tell me!!
I used backup only once from CWM, it worked on a fat32 formatted SDCard. Stock ROM can be downloaded from HP website. Hold Power and Volume+ when Slate is off, you should see 4 little lines at the top of the screen.

Envoyť de mon HP Slate 7 Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

fifounet75
Old
(Last edited by fifounet75; 24th February 2014 at 07:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for your answer !

It worked I was able to go to the recovery...

Thanks for the backup !! I didn't thought that I would need a sd card...

I search on the HP web site but I didn't found the stock firmware... maybe on the US website.. I will search but not on the french site...

Thanks again.. I think I will try cyanogenmod as soon as it will be released !!!

Thanks for your work

TommeleTBone
Old
Thanks Meter 27
will it be done today? i can test lateron...

jerbear294
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommeleTBone View Post
will it be done today? i can test lateron...
I don't know at this point.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

jerbear294
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Other devices have been distracting me. Sorry guys.
I am porting PAC-ROM to my device and if it works I have an idea to get CM to boot.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to jerbear294 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TommeleTBone
Old
Thanks Meter 27
cool. keep going