5,600,984 Members 45,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Flash Stock ROM with Flashtool (also Downgrading)

Tip us?

mrjraider
Old
(Last edited by mrjraider; 6th April 2014 at 09:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1727
Info 2 [GUIDE] Flash Stock ROM with Flashtool (also Downgrading)

This is the tutorial for reflashing Stock SONY ROM. We have some custom ROM but if you want to go back to Stock you can follow this thread/tutorial!

Created: 23-02-2014
Updated: 11-03-2014
Latest Android build released by Sony: 12.1.A.1.201

Let's begin shall we..

First you need to download the correct ftf file for your device/operator or needs. This can be done here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2311964 Also you need to download either the 4.1.2 or 4.3 update from there. If you can not find it you can ask it in there!

Second thing; You will need a program called Flashtool for this. You can download this here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746
For Windows 8 and 8.1 users I also recommend you to read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2095087
(Above link is a how to for installing the proper drivers for Windows 8/8.1 clients)

After the installation of Flashtool and the proper drivers you need to move the downloaded ftf file into the correct folder. Location can be found here: C:/Flashtool/Firmware

Before you can flash back you need to check for the following things:
  • Bootloader locked? If not you wont have BE2/OTA/PCC etc (for unlocking and relocking: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2354721 )
  • I've made backups of my important files that are stored on my phone?
  • Battery at atleast 50%?
  • I have patience?
  • I got something to do meanwhile?

Let's get started:

1: Open Flashtool:

Flashtool(.exe) for 32Bits systems and Flashtool64(.exe) for 64Bits systems

2: Press the Lightningbolt picture and select Flashmode

This will give another screen.

3: Select the downloaded ftf. (In this case 2.254)

Make sure that all the wipes are checked and the others are unchecked. This is to prevent any bootloops or other problems after downgrading.

4: Press Flash and the next two lines will be added to the flashtool log

The files are being prepared and checked. Have a bit of patience please.

5: Turn off your phone and turn it back on into Flashmode

After this the process will start.

After flashing you can remove your phone and boot it up. You will have 4.1.2 back on your device

FAQ

- My Phone wont stay into flashmode
> Turn it off, wait a few minutes and turn it back into flashmode

- Flashtool wont recognise my phone
> Make sure you have the proper drivers installed. See C://Flashtool/Drivers

- Flashing failed
> Problem depends on the error code given by Flashtool. Post the problem here and perhaps we can help

- Got a bootloop
> Reflash again

- Even after reflash I got into a bootloop
> Turn off your phone via the small button behind the batterycover and wait a few minutes. Then try again. If that doesnt work you need to flash again.

- Booting takes ages
> This is normal. The entire cache needs to be rebuild. Patience my dear..

- After flashing and booting my phone is laggy.
> Reboot device and wait a bit. The phone needs to fully reset and boot itself. Have some patience dear.

- Do I need to unlock my bootloader to use flashtool
> NO!

- Can I unlock my bootloader with flashtool?
> NO!

- Can I relock my bootloader with flashtool?
> Yes
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to mrjraider For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrjraider
Old
(Last edited by mrjraider; 18th April 2014 at 07:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1727
> Reserved by me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrjraider For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eggerph
Old
(Last edited by eggerph; 24th February 2014 at 07:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Question downgrade to root?

first, thanks! Very nice guide. I'm new to the experia world, my previous phone was a Desire S.

I have a question:
I have a problem with all stock roms with the mediaserver process. It is always running while I listen to music (which is a lot of time) and drains a lot of battery (up to 65%). Though I use poweramp player which is totally independent of the process (own library and decoder). On my Desire S on CM11 I don't have the issue this is why I want to move to a custom rom. I'm on 4.3 now (was hoping this would fix the issue) and want to root and full backup with keys for warranty purposes and then move to a custom rom.
Is it right that I have to downgrade first, since there is no root for 4.3 yet? If yes, what ROM? I have a C5303 and don't know what version I had previously. I bought it in Switzerland without SIMlock or any branding. Is there a way I can find out what my previous version was or can I basically just use any generic C5303 version?
Would you recommend 12.0.A.1.284 in order to be able to use DoomLords rootkit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post42701183 ?
It's just that I don't know if I ever was on this version, also regarding warranty...

I know, many questions, but I just reached a point where I don't seem to get further without asking. Hope someone can clarify some of them.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: And also I was wondering: In the picture says flashmode is reached by pressing the back button while connection, but there are softkeys. Is it not done with volume down?

TheMorpheus
Old
Thanks Meter 302

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjraider View Post
Small changes.. @ moderators Is it possible this can become a sticky?
+1 for a sticky!
Nice done!
OmniRom N8000: XDA link - AFH link
OmniRom D802: AFH link
G+: +FrancescoTonelli
Twitter: @TheMorpheus81

azhar.munshi
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorpheus View Post
+1 for a sticky!
Nice done!
after flashing done
i have to turn on phone & make usb debugging & unknown source option check
but whenever i am going to boot it again reboot after colour bootscreen
i had tried number of times flashing again & again

i am attaching my flashtool log file also

Azhar
Attached Files
File Type: doc flashtool_2014-02-21_03-29-11.doc - [Click for QR Code] (3.9 KB, 54 views)

mrjraider
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1727
According to the log you attached everything went fine. So I dont understand the problem.
Perhaps an idea to redownload it? Sometimes it wont work properly because the ftf file is somewhat damaged..
The Following User Says Thank You to mrjraider For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheMorpheus
Old
(Last edited by TheMorpheus; 27th February 2014 at 09:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 302

DONATE TO ME
I have to relock the bootloader before restore?

Edit
No, it's not needed!
OmniRom N8000: XDA link - AFH link
OmniRom D802: AFH link
G+: +FrancescoTonelli
Twitter: @TheMorpheus81

diolo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default reflashig stock rom

Thanks for this nice guide. Im having a lot of issues with the 4.3 rom.
I flashed via SUS, editing build.prop to let the phone detect the new version, because my phone is carrier locked, and they didnt released the update yet.
I have a lot of lag, and I must force reset lots of times, so I want to make a clean install, because last time I only updated.
So my question is, if I do a factory reset, my build.prop is going to change to the original file (Orange's rom) or ill keep with my modified file? (Stock center Europe)
What do you recommend to me? If I reflash a stock European ftf via flashtool, I'll have the stock's build.prop, and I'll receive those Ota updates without problem?

Thanks for your work!

adelsonrms
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Well done ! Rollback firmware 4.3 to 4.1

Hi guys ! thanks for guide. I got successfull revert my phone from update 266 to 254.

poccoyo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
hi sir, i'm on .254 rooted and just want to go back to stock because i want to update it to 4.3, is it the safest way? if so, what will happen to my apps like greenify, Titanium backup, and those apps that was already transferred to sd card? should i have to uninstall these aps? does it have remaining unwiped data to be cleaned if flashing the stock rom?

thank you..
Tags
2.254, downgrade to 4.1.2 xperia sp, downgrading, sony xperia sp jelly bean 4.1.2, tutorial