Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Camera Condensation

23rd February 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Grand Rapids
Thanks Meter: 26

223 posts
More
Anyone ever had condensation under the camera glass? Went to take a picture this morning and it looked blurry, upon closer look I noticed condensation under the camera housing. It was fine yesterday, no contact with any moisture, now this.. Also, even if I can get rid of the condensation wouldn't some kind of residue remain? I'd appreciate suggestions on this, I have three kids, two of them under the age of two so I use my camera daily. Help please!
23rd February 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,048

2,366 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcampos7

Anyone ever had condensation under the camera glass? Went to take a picture this morning and it looked blurry, upon closer look I noticed condensation under the camera housing. It was fine yesterday, no contact with any moisture, now this.. Also, even if I can get rid of the condensation wouldn't some kind of residue remain? I'd appreciate suggestions on this, I have three kids, two of them under the age of two so I use my camera daily. Help please!

You don't take your phone into the bathroom while you shower or subject it to very quick temperature changes do you ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Grand Rapids

223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

You don't take your phone into the bathroom while you shower or subject it to very quick temperature changes do you ?

Negative. Literally sat on my night stand all night. Phone got hot while backing up, wiping and flashing new rom this morning. I wouldn't think hot enough to cause condensation though.
23rd February 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,048

2,366 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Negative. Literally sat on my night stand all night. Phone got hot while backing up, wiping and flashing new rom this morning. I wouldn't think hot enough to cause condensation though.

No but hot could be another sign of moisture in the phone. Might want to put that puppy in a bag of dry white rice for a little.

The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Grand Rapids

223 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

No but hot could be another sign of moisture in the phone. Might want to put that puppy in a bag of dry white rice for a little.

So I set my phone on a cold metal filing cabinet and the condensation went away. Leads me to believe there is moisture in the phone, which makes sense that heat would cause the condensation. Time to get some white rice, brown rice is all I have in the cupboard. Stupid racist moisture. Thanks for the replies, I was getting scared. All is well now, carry on.
23rd February 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #6  
New York
Thanks Meter: 27

284 posts
More
Quote:

So I set my phone on a cold metal filing cabinet and the condensation went away. Leads me to believe there is moisture in the phone, which makes sense that heat would cause the condensation. Time to get some white rice, brown rice is all I have in the cupboard. Stupid racist moisture. Thanks for the replies, I was getting scared. All is well now, carry on.

Brown rice might absorb moisture too. Or try salt.
23rd February 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #7  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 922

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Put it in a bag of rice and let it sit there till you dont see the condensation anymore. More than likley if there is condensation behind the camera lense, it is in the whole phone. Drying it out might leave a residue, but probably not noticable.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #8  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Brown rice should work, but i wouldnt use salt. Salt gets sticky when it absorbs moisture.
24th February 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #9  
Flag Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,007

4,482 posts
Donate to Me
More
Actually rice isn't good for the phone. Rice has a lot of dust which can cause more damage than good.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button
24th February 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #10  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlawhon

Actually rice isn't good for the phone. Rice has a lot of dust which can cause more damage than good.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

Your not suppose to shake it arround or bury the phone in it. Just set it in a big ziplock bag filled with rice. On top of the rice, not covered in it. They also make products for this, i seen one at walmart for 30 bucks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread