Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera Condensation

Tip us?
 
mcampos7
Old
#1  
mcampos7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 220
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Grand Rapids
Default Camera Condensation

Anyone ever had condensation under the camera glass? Went to take a picture this morning and it looked blurry, upon closer look I noticed condensation under the camera housing. It was fine yesterday, no contact with any moisture, now this.. Also, even if I can get rid of the condensation wouldn't some kind of residue remain? I'd appreciate suggestions on this, I have three kids, two of them under the age of two so I use my camera daily. Help please!
 
dottat
Old
#2  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 987
Posts: 2,236
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: york, pa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcampos7 View Post
Anyone ever had condensation under the camera glass? Went to take a picture this morning and it looked blurry, upon closer look I noticed condensation under the camera housing. It was fine yesterday, no contact with any moisture, now this.. Also, even if I can get rid of the condensation wouldn't some kind of residue remain? I'd appreciate suggestions on this, I have three kids, two of them under the age of two so I use my camera daily. Help please!
You don't take your phone into the bathroom while you shower or subject it to very quick temperature changes do you ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
mcampos7
Old
#3  
mcampos7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 220
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Grand Rapids
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
You don't take your phone into the bathroom while you shower or subject it to very quick temperature changes do you ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Negative. Literally sat on my night stand all night. Phone got hot while backing up, wiping and flashing new rom this morning. I wouldn't think hot enough to cause condensation though.
 
dottat
Old
#4  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 987
Posts: 2,236
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: york, pa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcampos7 View Post
Negative. Literally sat on my night stand all night. Phone got hot while backing up, wiping and flashing new rom this morning. I wouldn't think hot enough to cause condensation though.
No but hot could be another sign of moisture in the phone. Might want to put that puppy in a bag of dry white rice for a little.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mcampos7
Old
#5  
mcampos7's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 220
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Grand Rapids
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
No but hot could be another sign of moisture in the phone. Might want to put that puppy in a bag of dry white rice for a little.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
So I set my phone on a cold metal filing cabinet and the condensation went away. Leads me to believe there is moisture in the phone, which makes sense that heat would cause the condensation. Time to get some white rice, brown rice is all I have in the cupboard. Stupid racist moisture. Thanks for the replies, I was getting scared. All is well now, carry on.
 
jpradley
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 279
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcampos7 View Post
So I set my phone on a cold metal filing cabinet and the condensation went away. Leads me to believe there is moisture in the phone, which makes sense that heat would cause the condensation. Time to get some white rice, brown rice is all I have in the cupboard. Stupid racist moisture. Thanks for the replies, I was getting scared. All is well now, carry on.
Brown rice might absorb moisture too. Or try salt.
 
cmlusco
Old
#7  
cmlusco's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 922
Posts: 3,138
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan City, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Put it in a bag of rice and let it sit there till you dont see the condensation anymore. More than likley if there is condensation behind the camera lense, it is in the whole phone. Drying it out might leave a residue, but probably not noticable.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cmlusco
Old
#8  
cmlusco's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 922
Posts: 3,138
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan City, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Brown rice should work, but i wouldnt use salt. Salt gets sticky when it absorbs moisture.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
 
tylerlawhon
Old
#9  
tylerlawhon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,007
Posts: 4,480
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tallahassee, FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Actually rice isn't good for the phone. Rice has a lot of dust which can cause more damage than good.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button




Sign up for Copy here
 
cmlusco
Old
#10  
cmlusco's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 922
Posts: 3,138
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan City, IN

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlawhon View Post
Actually rice isn't good for the phone. Rice has a lot of dust which can cause more damage than good.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button
Your not suppose to shake it arround or bury the phone in it. Just set it in a big ziplock bag filled with rice. On top of the rice, not covered in it. They also make products for this, i seen one at walmart for 30 bucks.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more

Enable Heads Up Notifications For The Sprint Galaxy S3

Heads up notifications, in case you didn’t already know, are an experimental … more

Android One Goes Live in India!

Android One is a Google initiative set to bring an AOSP-like experience tosome emergingmarkets like India, … more