FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have followed this but when it says boot status, mine keeps saying unknown.

I will give feed back on any suggestions.
thanks
Last edited by PkerFrailey; 23rd February 2014 at 09:04 PM.
23rd February 2014, 09:22 PM |#2  
jma9454's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkerFrailey

I have followed this but when it says boot status, mine keeps saying unknown.

I will give feed back on any suggestions.
thanks

So what have you done? It doesn't list options to switch into recovery mode when you reboot?
What commands from the thread you have have you tried?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 09:24 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma9454

So what have you done? It doesn't list options to switch into recovery mode when you reboot?
What commands from the thread you have have you tried?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

When I launch KFU it say ADB is online, but doesn't recognize the boot status when I plug in the kindle.
23rd February 2014, 09:26 PM |#4  
jma9454's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
From your kindle though, can you switch to recovery mode? I had that happen a few times. I don't remember the fix, except to completely uninstall all kindle fire drivers and reinstall them. When you boot your kindle, does your computer show it as an unrecognized device?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 09:28 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma9454

From your kindle though, can you switch to recovery mode? I had that happen a few times. I don't remember the fix, except to completely uninstall all kindle fire drivers and reinstall them. When you boot your kindle, does your computer show it as an unrecognized device?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No, my computer doesn't recognize the kindle. and the kindle just flashes on the "Kindle Fire" boot screen logo.
23rd February 2014, 09:32 PM |#6  
jma9454's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
OK, I would definitely go with a reinstall of the drivers then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 09:37 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma9454

OK, I would definitely go with a reinstall of the drivers then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

where can I find the drivers?
23rd February 2014, 09:48 PM |#8  
jma9454's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Go to the start menu, right click on Computer, select Manage, and it should take you to the device manager. With your kindle plugged in, right click on whatever device it says your kindle is, and select uninstall drivers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 09:58 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma9454

Go to the start menu, right click on Computer, select Manage, and it should take you to the device manager. With your kindle plugged in, right click on whatever device it says your kindle is, and select uninstall drivers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It doesn't show my kindle, I tested to see if it was the cable, but it shows my lg g2 when I plug that in but not the kindle.
23rd February 2014, 11:56 PM |#10  
jma9454's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
So have the device manager open before you plug in the kindle. Then plug the kindle in. Something should change, and your kindle should show up as a kindle, an android adb device, an unrecognized device, or something else.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes