Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovery Bootloop Help!!

Tip us?

Nigglenuts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default Recovery Bootloop Help!!

Flashed Philz touch CWM. Flashed BAM ROM. IT ran fine for a day and a half. Flashed the custom kernel, and immediately started getting recovery bootloops. Instead of the boot message saying "Secure Booting Error Causeevice Unlock, So boot Success." It said, " Secure Booting Error Cause:Certification Verify" then I rebooted, and it just went to recovery. I reflashed everything minus the custom kernel, and it gave me the regular message, but it won't actually boot. Someone PLEASE help!!!

Neroga
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Might have to go back to stock.. I guess I was pointing everyone to the wrong recovery when I said look in Madmack's CM thread for his TWRP.

Use this one: https://db.tt/bQeSgkEJ
It says E986 but works perfectly.

Sent from my SlimKat LG-E980

Mervingio
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neroga View Post
Might have to go back to stock.. I guess I was pointing everyone to the wrong recovery when I said look in Madmack's CM thread for his TWRP.

Perfectly for some CM based ROMS but not for 4.1.2+

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Nigglenuts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:

Do I have to use the FlashTools? Cuz this won't end. I've wiped everything multiple times, reflashed multiple times, I even factory reset it through hardware keys. Does anyone have an idea before i return to complete stock? It's greatly appreciated

mysteryinc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigglenuts View Post
Do I have to use the FlashTools? Cuz this won't end. I've wiped everything multiple times, reflashed multiple times, I even factory reset it through hardware keys. Does anyone have an idea before i return to complete stock? It's greatly appreciated
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=83
The Following User Says Thank You to mysteryinc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nigglenuts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
So do I need the LG drivers? Because I can't find them anywhere... I'm unsure how to install aroma file manager.

Nigglenuts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
i cant even get my computer to see my sdcard. I got the drivers installed, have the aromafm.zip on my desktop. when i go into device manager, it doesnt show my phones storage. i am so confused... i need expert help

mysteryinc
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Solutions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigglenuts View Post
So do I need the LG drivers? Because I can't find them anywhere... I'm unsure how to install aroma file manager.
Here are the solutions:
1. Download the aroma file manager here
2. Rename the file to aromafm.zip
3. Put the aromafm.zip in "clockworkmod/aromafm/" in any of the storage volumes
4. In Philz touch recovery, tap the Aroma File Manager (it will open the aroma file manager automatically if you put it into the correct folder as stated above)
5. Open the terminal in the aroma file manager
6. Type this:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc bs=1 count=1088
7. Reboot system

DONE!
The Following User Says Thank You to mysteryinc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Neroga
Old
Thanks Meter 531
Does PhilzTouch have adb? If so, you could just push that to your device through your PC.

adb push filename /sdcard/filename

Nigglenuts
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Does PhilzTouch have adb? If so, you could just push that to your device through your PC.

adb push filename /sdcard/filename

I cant find it. But now my cpu wont recognize my phone. it says that the drivers weren't installed even though ive installed them multiple times. Ill put the phone in download mode, itll see the phone, then i boot back to recovery, and it no longer recognizes