Verizon sucks sometimes... (just a good warning)

OP pewds

24th February 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Okay a tip for you who are new to the world of rooting and flashing and cusrom ROMS. (Im relatively new)
TO ALL OF YOU RUNNING THE SAME PHONE MODEL AS ME. (Or any new Verizon phone) Verizon has locked the bootloaders so puting Cynogen mod on can be a long and hard process. You mist WIPE data not format. And ive bricked my phone doing this. After that ive not got past. Help pls ")

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,951

3,773 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewds

Okay a tip for you who are new to the world of rooting and flashing and cusrom ROMS. (Im relatively new)
TO ALL OF YOU RUNNING THE SAME PHONE MODEL AS ME. (Or any new Verizon phone) Verizon has locked the bootloaders so puting Cynogen mod on can be a long and hard process. You mist WIPE data not format. And ive bricked my phone doing this. After that ive not got past. Help pls ")

Ok well the phone you have now only supports rooting and SafeStrap recovery. Do you recall what build it is on.. Mk2 or mj7?
You Need to get it into download mode and flash the stock firmware.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209

The file you need is there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #3  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 816

2,411 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewds

unless you have a MDK base build you can't put CM or ASOP based roms on it...what made you think you could???
24th February 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #4  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,951

3,773 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

unless you have a MDK base build you can't put CM or ASOP based roms on it...what made you think you could???

Wishful thinking I suppose lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread