XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 10.1 v2 and knox

Tip us?

nlcgadgetman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Note 10.1 v2 and knox

I'm looking to buy a 2014 10.1 and something caught my attention and was curious about it. I have a s4 running 4.3 android and thanks to Knox I cant put a custom recovery on it and have to use safestrap to use a custom rom essential wasting much space. Is that a issue with the tablet as well. Or is twrp/clockwork able to be used?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

nickwarn
Old
Thanks Meter 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlcgadgetman View Post
I'm looking to buy a 2014 10.1 and something caught my attention and was curious about it. I have a s4 running 4.3 android and thanks to Knox I cant put a custom recovery on it and have to use safestrap to use a custom rom essential wasting much space. Is that a issue with the tablet as well. Or is twrp/clockwork able to be used?

Flashing a custom recovery will trigger knox. And I havent heard of any safestrap solution for Note 10.1 2014.
Nexus 5- Vanir Nightlies
Sony Xperia Z - Paranoid Android ( Still under my roof as I gave it to my son )
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE- Rooted
Nexus 7 - Paranoid Android

Retired Android Phones: Nexus one, HTC Legend, SE X10, HTC Desire, Galaxy S I9000, HTC Desire HD, Nexus S, SGS 2, SGS 3, SGS 4, Nexus 4
Retired Android Tablets: Archos 70IT, Toshiba Folio, POV Mobii 10.1, Asus Transformer, Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500, Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
The Following User Says Thank You to nickwarn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nlcgadgetman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwarn View Post
Flashing a custom recovery will trigger knox. And I havent heard of any safestrap solution for Note 10.1 2014.
So custom roms are a no go for this thing? Help me understand. I mean I see the threads with rom but is it like the s4....only 4.3 tw roms will work. A lot of questions I know of but $500 on the line. Lol thanks in advance

nickwarn
Old
Thanks Meter 485
Quote:
So custom roms are a no go for this thing? Help me understand. I mean I see the threads with rom but is it like the s4....only 4.3 tw roms will work. A lot of questions I know of but $500 on the line. Lol thanks in advance

Of course you can flash a custom recovery and custom roms, but it cant be done without triggering knox. Flashing the rom itself is harmless, its the flashing of a custom recovery that triggers knox. So if you can live with that just go a head and flash, if not.... then dont.
Good luck
Nexus 5- Vanir Nightlies

Retired Android Phones: Nexus one, HTC Legend, SE X10, HTC Desire, Galaxy S I9000, HTC Desire HD, Nexus S, SGS 2, SGS 3, SGS 4, Nexus 4
Retired Android Tablets: Archos 70IT, Toshiba Folio, POV Mobii 10.1, Asus Transformer, Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500, Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000
The Following User Says Thank You to nickwarn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nlcgadgetman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Ok thanks for the clarification the knox part is still kind of new to me. Tw is a little heavy just wanted to make sure I had the option to run an aosp rom down the line.

nickwarn
Old
Thanks Meter 485
Quote:
Ok thanks for the clarification the knox part is still kind of new to me. Tw is a little heavy just wanted to make sure I had the option to run an aosp rom down the line.

no problem, just glad to help. You can flash an AOSP rom, as soon as we get one.
Nexus 5- Vanir Nightlies