Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] No Data after Flashing Custom Rom

OP thebizerker2014

24th February 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Kind of long, but it's just a difficult explanation, please read and try to help me. Thank you.

Okay, so I have a really weird problem, and I can't seem to fix it at all. I unlocked the bootloader and rooted my Sprint Motorola Photon Q, and had no problem with data loss, then I flashed PAC Man Rom, and everything went fine and it flashed but then I noticed that I had no data. No 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE, the phone lost network signal, but what was weird is that I could still receive texts and phone calls.

So, then I read that wiping the Dalvik and the regular cache would fix it, and it didn't. Then, I also tried flashing a different ROM which also didn't fix it. I RSD back to stock firmware and the problem was gone. I even tried rerooting and just installing a different ROM but, it still had the same issue, so I just went back to stock again.

Can someone please help me fix this? I've looked everywhere and I can't really find anything to help me out with this.

Thank you in advance.
24th February 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,625

11,354 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is your provider Sprint as well...?

I'm not sure, data works here on custom ROM's... which version are you flashing? Have you tried CM11?

There's some new device unification going on, the newest KK builds are going to be under the "moto_msm8960" device instead of xt897...
24th February 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
No I haven't tried CM11. Where do I find the IMG for it at?
25th February 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
I have Flash Wireless, which is Sprint prepaid. I have tried CM11 and still nothing. I don't understand what is going on....I'm getting real frustrated because I want to put a good custom ROM on my phone....
25th February 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #5  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,625

11,354 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizerker2014

I have Flash Wireless, which is Sprint prepaid. I have tried CM11 and still nothing. I don't understand what is going on....I'm getting real frustrated because I want to put a good custom ROM on my phone....

Perhaps that's the issue. Did you check your APN settings? Is it using Sprint's network?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread