Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Text rendering bug? (Moto G/KitKat 4.4.2)

Tip us?

GravityMan77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Text rendering bug? (Moto G/KitKat 4.4.2)

Font/text rendering bug??

With the moto G, a few users (incl. myself) have noticed screen font rendering issue (of which I definitely did not notice before KitKat).

It seems as if text is garbled (ever so slightly) with some words with artefacts around the letters....

Anyone else notice something like that? Its noticeable in any webpage, Google play books or even Google Now Results....Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

nishyt
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan77 View Post

With the moto G, a few users (incl. myself) have noticed screen font rendering issue (of which I definitely did not notice before KitKat).

It seems as if text is garbled (ever so slightly) with some words with artefacts around the letters....

Anyone else notice something like that? Its noticeable in any webpage, Google play books or even Google Now Results....Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

It has happened to me a few times too. Usually its the text under the icons on the home screen, but today all the icons in the launcher's app drawer had garbled text, but the rest of it seemed fine. Restarting the phone fixed it.
It's happened with both - Dalvik and ART, so i guess maybe that's not the issue.

sshrikant
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default icon text garbled

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan77 View Post

Thanks

is this a display graphic card issue? any permanent soln. to resolve pls. After exiting a game I too noticed this on my motog. Have not yet tried to restart the phone. Any technical resolution pls.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-17-08-43-32.png
Views:	97
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	2747967  

algarvemotog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same problem

I buy an moto g onde moth ago and I have the same problem ..
Is this a bug from android kit kat at moto g phones or in all kit kat from Motorola ?