Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

returning phone to store with custom rom

Tip us?

m52go
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default returning phone to store with custom rom

I purchased a Z Ultra about a week ago and don't think it's going to work out. It's too HUGE. I will probably exchange it for a Z1, but I want to know:

Will it be a problem to have CM installed on it? Will they reject the return upon receiving it at the facility?

I don't want to take any chances...but I also don't want to go through the hassle of taking it back to stock...

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by m52go View Post
I purchased a Z Ultra about a week ago and don't think it's going to work out. It's too HUGE. I will probably exchange it for a Z1, but I want to know:

Will it be a problem to have CM installed on it? Will they reject the return upon receiving it at the facility?

I don't want to take any chances...but I also don't want to go through the hassle of taking it back to stock...
They won't accept it with any trace of root or custom rom as it voids the warranty. You'll need to flash complete stock, it's pretty straightforward.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5,659
What Spyder said.

Also, why don't you just wait a couple of weeks for the Z2? It looks so much nicer than the Z1. Even I would get it! (but i won't).
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m52go
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
What Spyder said.

Also, why don't you just wait a couple of weeks for the Z2? It looks so much nicer than the Z1. Even I would get it! (but i won't).
Hmm...I didn't back up the TA partition. I hope I'm not screwed.

Regarding the Z2, I would totally go for it, but 1) I'm getting a pretty good deal on the Z1...20% off the sale price and 2) I'm not sure I have time to wait for its release and 3) it's going to be very expensive. I hate paying full-price for just-released electronics.

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Regarding the Z2, I would totally go for it, but 1) I'm getting a pretty good deal on the Z1...20% off the sale price and 2) I'm not sure I have time to wait for its release and 3) it's going to be very expensive. I hate paying full-price for just-released electronics.
I think you are screwed

I'm sure that you get used to the ZU eventually
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:

No ta partition means no drm keys which is definitely void warranty, i doubt very much they'd accept it back.

Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

m52go
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderTracks View Post
No ta partition means no drm keys which is definitely void warranty, i doubt very much they'd accept it back.

Yeah I effed up BADLY on this one.

To add insult to injury, I woke up an hour ago to find 2 scratches on the front screen...my best guess is that the glass of the Z1 scratched the Ultra when I placed the Z1 on top of the Ultra to compare the two earlier today.

So now the software is screwed AND the hardware is screwed! Yay. What a disaster.

This phone is FIVE DAYS OLD. [sigh] If anyone wants an Ultra to mess around with, mine's for sale for CHEAP. PM me or check out Swappa. Thanks for the help guys.

bucho2004
Old
Thanks Meter 47
O very found the xperia z ultra huge, for about a week, now I find every other smartphone tiny and unusable. Any other smartphone with a screen size of 5 inches or above is cumbersome to use with one hand, so might aswell go bigger
Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

SPtheALIEN
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I absolutely agree.

Sent from my C6806 using Tapatalk

bryanky5
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I thought most people who bought this phone knew how big it was going to be and that's why they bought it!

But yeah i think you will get used to it..I don't think it's that huge anymore.