Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone got a diff/patch from nvidia's stock to our kernel?

Tip us?

IcanhasLG
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Default Anyone got a diff/patch from nvidia's stock to our kernel?

As the title says, i'm mainly asking because i do believe that moving on with newer nvidia hardfp compatible blobs and merging with newer kernels is fully possible.

What i mainly need is just the diff, a patch format will work too.

I'd ask in the Original Dev section but i'm restricted for ten posts and rather than wasting ten posts i though i'd ask something useful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IcanhasLG For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peppethustra
Old
(Last edited by peppethustra; 27th February 2014 at 05:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 283

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanhasLG View Post
Not quite what i was looking for, i'm looking to port it to 3.10 but without the basic LGE diff stuff it's... well to do it takes a couple of weeks but without a diff it will be mainly guesswork.

the point would be that i'm willing to spend the time if someone can give me the LGE specific diff from stock Nvidia.

And i've been a dev in linux for arm for over 20 years and a dev for android for over 3 years now, i am not requesting anything any user can help me with, this is strictly an original dev question.

If you want to make this real hard, only the AOSP team and the various manufacurer devs should have access to original development, development would be for app programmers only and the other forums would be for you, i'd still be in the original code forum.

I don't know what is wrong with this forum, i have never in my life encountered a forum where users of a mobile wants to get rid of developers.
I'm not a developer, for sure, and I repeat to you that your skills and your effort are appreciated, at least by me.. But I'm quite a lawyer, and a general rule says that when you agree to a community, accepting a social pact or a "terms and policy" act, you are supposed to read and understand them, and if you don't know them, you have to read and act according to them.. These are the bases of any civil society, group, community, the same bases which force unskilled or inexperienced members to read everything before asking, for example.. So, if everyone could act as he wants, every thread here should be full of questions, ETAs, etc.. I can't be more clear than this, so I repeat it for the last time: you're a Dev, I'm not; you've Dev knowledge I haven't; I hope your work will be profitable, and I'll thank you so much when you will eventually reach your goal.. But we have some rules, and everyone has to respect them..

Sent from my LG-P880 - Beanstalk 4.4.2 - Iodak 9.95 kernel - using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG-P880 - Beanstalk 4.4.4 - Mourta/Iodak v10 based kernel

Asus ME301T - Beanstalk 4.4.2 - Geass kernel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peppethustra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Flying_Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 738
just wanted to say that one of devs which seems to have abandoned our device, kholk with eternityproject, has semi-successfully based his kernel for our device on 3.4 version. perhaps his work can be of some help for you?
To install custom roms on O4x:

1. upgrade to jb
2. root
3. unlock bootloader
4. flash custom recovery (cwm)
5. flash roms
6. if you encounter any issues, search, they've been answered already.

Got issues with RIL/IMEI/BASEBAND on custom 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs on p880? Click me for possible solution!