Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S4 L720 shows Unknown Baseband, IMEI, Software Version and MEID

27th February 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello,

I have a sprint Samsung galaxy s4 L720, unrooted on stock 4.3 baseband version L720VPUAMDC, the problem is that now it shows baseband, software version and IMEI as unknown and also it has an X up in the coverage bars so im unable to make or receive calls. I've never tried to root it or to change it's software. also on few occasions the info about IMEI and baseband comes back and I can make calls again but it just goes back to unknown after a while. also I've tried to reinstall the software and made several factory resets. I just don't know what can I do anymore.

help will be appreciated

thanks.
27th February 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #2  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,243

2,288 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodelacruz1214

Hello,

I have a sprint Samsung galaxy s4 L720, unrooted on stock 4.3 baseband version L720VPUAMDC, the problem is that now it shows baseband, software version and IMEI as unknown and also it has an X up in the coverage bars so im unable to make or receive calls. I've never tried to root it or to change it's software. also on few occasions the info about IMEI and baseband comes back and I can make calls again but it just goes back to unknown after a while. also I've tried to reinstall the software and made several factory resets. I just don't know what can I do anymore.

help will be appreciated

thanks.

Really an unrooted MDC firmware?!
You haven't been getting update notices for months and months?
How long have you had the phone?
Was/is it flashed to another carrier?
How did you 're-install' the software? PC Odin? What version of Odin?
1st March 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder

Really an unrooted MDC firmware?!
You haven't been getting update notices for months and months?
How long have you had the phone?
Was/is it flashed to another carrier?
How did you 're-install' the software? PC Odin? What version of Odin?

*The only update I got was the 4.3 one.

*I have like 4 months with the phone.

*Yeah it is flashed to another carrier, I'm in a foreign country. it worked smoothly the first 2 months and a half.

*it wasn't me who re-installed the software. I had some cellphone repair shop do it.

hope this helps.
1st March 2014, 06:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 150

576 posts
More
Take it back to them to fix it.
1st March 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #5  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,243

2,288 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion

Take it back to them to fix it.

^DO THAT^ It is their responsibility. Well technically your responsibility, but have them do what ever you need them to do.
1st March 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder

^DO THAT^ It is their responsibility. Well technically your responsibility, but have them do what ever you need them to do.

The problem is that it had the issue before they reinstalled the software they just couldn't fix it and they didn't even charge me, so I don't believe it's their fault. also I noticed that I have baseband version L720PUAMDC and Build number JSS.15.L720VPUEMK2. shouldn't these 2 be the same?
28th February 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #7  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 47

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodelacruz1214

Hello,

help will be appreciated

thanks.

I had the same problem. To fix it I just reflash the original rom that it has with Odin. Ex.: Mine is NAE 4.4.2, so I flashed that with Odin PC.
Remember: IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG I'M NOT RESPONSABLE
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread