[Q] LG G2 Straight Talk MMS Issue After Kit Kat Update

Tip us?

DanielMena9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] LG G2 Straight Talk MMS Issue After Kit Kat Update

Hi Everyone,

I recently received the update to 4.4.2 on my LG G2 on Straight Talk. I am on the "new" SIM card (post November or something). Before when I was on 4.2.2 I would be able to send and receive MMS but now after the update I do not have access to MMS neither sending nor receiving. I was wondering if any of you were in the same boat and whether any of you had a fix ?

I have tried lots of APN settings as well.

Thanks,

Daniel

Makman20
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Same issue here
Samsung Intercept
Motorola Atrix
Samsung Infuse
Galaxy Note
Nexus 4
LG G2

dily816
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Net10 same problem can't send or receive mms after Kit Kat updated

My LG G2 AT&T updated to KIT KAT and now I can't send or receive MMS. I think AT&T turn off MMS feature on different carrier.
AT&T are being evil not letting us go to different carriers.

Makman20
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dily816 View Post
My LG G2 AT&T updated to KIT KAT and now I can't send or receive MMS. I think AT&T turn off MMS feature on different carrier.
AT&T are being evil not letting us go to different carriers.
Better not be the case, I'm not so impressed with the update anyways. They could of added more. If I really have to, I don't mind going back to aosp. I'll call customer service l8r but if anyone gets an update please post it
Samsung Intercept
Motorola Atrix
Samsung Infuse
Galaxy Note
Nexus 4
LG G2

DanielMena9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Update 2/27/14: I was on the phone with them last night for about 45 min and they ran me through the useless reboot procedures.

They eventually opened a ticket and they stated that if my MMS wasn't fixed in 24 hours to give them a call. It has been about 12 and still no fix.

Daniel

Makman20
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielMena9 View Post
Update 2/27/14: I was on the phone with them last night for about 45 min and they ran me through the useless reboot procedures.

They eventually opened a ticket and they stated that if my MMS wasn't fixed in 24 hours to give them a call. It has been about 12 and still no fix.

Daniel
Same here. Spoke with a guy in tech support, was a waste of my lunch break. No solution
Samsung Intercept
Motorola Atrix
Samsung Infuse
Galaxy Note
Nexus 4
LG G2

djvoleur
Old
(Last edited by djvoleur; 28th February 2014 at 12:33 AM.) Reason: Cuz..
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Default APN

Usually issues about not being able to send MMS messages are because of incorrectly set APN.

Settings > Tethering and networks > Mobile networks > Access point names and select your appropriate carrier, if not, may need to be put in manually...

Edit:
Only reason I can think of even though @DanielMena9 has said he's messed with those settings...

Try this:
Code:
Name - Straight Talk
Apn - tfdata
MMSC - http://mms-tf.net
Mms proxy - 66.209.11.33
Port- 80
@dily816
Code:
Name: NET10
APN: tfdata
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type:
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri,fota
Select the APN and reboot...
The Following User Says Thank You to djvoleur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shades333
Old
(Last edited by shades333; 2nd March 2014 at 06:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 27
This is clearly a kitkat related issue since we are all having the same issue since upgrade to 4.4.2.
I realized some have called straight talk, and AT&T... hopefully AT&T will entertain us.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bobthahog
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default same issues with MMS

I am in the same boat with receiving and sending MMS after 4.4.2 update. I have the correct SIM card. Was working fine before the update. I still get 4G LTE data. But before the update there was no pre-existing APN's. Now there is an AT&T APN that cannot be deleted or modified. I have tried all different APN settings. Looks like AT&T has made it to where we have to go directly through them. So hopefully someone figures something out or looks like I'm gonna have to go to AT&T. It'll cost about $25 more a month but what's the point of having a smartphone if u can't do picture mail? Someone please get this figured out. Please.

shades333
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Oh I see let me know if it works.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Tags
apn, kit kat, lg g2, mms, straight talk