Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 37,841 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One Battery Life VS S4 Comparison

Tip us?

btort1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default HTC One Battery Life VS S4 Comparison

Hey guys I am coming from an S4 and I usually get between 12-17 hours of use depending on how much I use it. My best was 24 hours with a full charge. How does the HTC one compare non rooted?

What are the average hours of your battery life?

Scath
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by btort1 View Post
Hey guys I am coming from an S4 and I usually get between 12-17 hours of use depending on how much I use it. My best was 24 hours with a full charge. How does the HTC one compare non rooted?

I had the S3 Prior, fully rooted, hacked, optimized.

On my HTC One haven't had to even touch the root yet because battery is so good. I average about 2-10 hours of use per day and my cell lasts all day. Just got the HTC One about 2 days ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zerogun
Old
Thanks Meter 66
GS4 battery life is superior to HTC One. HTC One CAN get bettery battery life if you use it constantly. If on heavy use I get the same battery life with each phone. This is about 10-12 hours. During moderate use, the GS4 just blows the HTC one away due to insane standby. The HTC would do 15-17 hours, and the GS4 can do 35 hours.

Heavy use = 4-5 hours screen time, LTE, awake pretty much all the time.
Moderate use = 2-3 hours screen on time, LTE on. This is like 90% of the time I'm using it.

I greenify everything that is not absolutely necessary. The only thing I don't greenify is phone, sms, exchange serivces, Google services framework. overnight, with mobile data off, I would lose .5%/hour with the HTC one. With the GS4 I lose .25%/hour. That adds up over time. Over 24 hours, that's like 12 hours of extra standby and about another hours worth of screen time.

However, for about 90% of usage, it's not gonna matter since you'll plug both phones in when you go to sleep. If you're doing gaming or something on the HTC for long periods, just make sure you have a charger handy.
The Following User Says Thank You to zerogun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Solarenemy68
Old
(Last edited by Solarenemy68; 3rd March 2014 at 08:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 105
If I game for about an hour straight on my HTC One, I will go from 99% on my battery to about 75 to 72%. An hour of gaming will knock your battery down about 25% on the HTC One if that gives you any ideas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solarenemy68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ithao
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default HTC is show

Quote:
Originally Posted by btort1 View Post

I think HTC is better than the S4