Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide][How-To]Fix (Eaccess) Permission Denied error when writing data on sd card

Tip us?
 
Ap0rd
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 20
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Guide][How-To]Fix (Eaccess) Permission Denied error when writing data on sd card

Hi, after updating to android 4.2.2, I encountered the Eaccess Permission Denied error when an app tried to write into the sd card, making the card read-only. So this is a guide to fix that problem.

Requirements:
Device must be rooted
Root Explorer installed

Fixing the problem:
Using root explorer navigate to System/etc/permissions
Open platform.xml using root explorer's Text Editor
Find the permission "Write_External_Storage" and there will be the permission group: "sdcard_rw"
Add another group directly under that one: <group gid="media_rw" />
Save changes made in the file and exit
Reboot your device
Done! Now apps have the permission to write data on the external sd card.
 
southsamurai
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap0rd View Post
Hi, after updating to android 4.2.2, I encountered the Eaccess Permission Denied error when an app tried to write into the sd card, making the card read-only. So this is a guide to fix that problem.

Requirements:
Device must be rooted
Root Explorer installed

Fixing the problem:
Using root explorer navigate to System/etc/permissions
Open platform.xml using root explorer's Text Editor
Find the permission "Write_External_Storage" and there will be the permission group: "sdcard_rw"
Add another group directly under that one: <group gid="media_rw" />
Save changes made in the file and exit
Reboot your device
Done! Now apps have the permission to write data on the external sd card.
ive tried this fix a few times a few different ways but it wont let me overwrite the platform.xml with the corrected version..... what the heck am i doing wrong, im a total noob to this
 
jbainesy
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 51
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by southsamurai View Post
ive tried this fix a few times a few different ways but it wont let me overwrite the platform.xml with the corrected version..... what the heck am i doing wrong, im a total noob to this
I'm with you southsamurai - I'm not a complete noob but this one has me stumped, my guess is our situation has nothing to do with the contents of platform.xml because even with root access I can't save changes to it...

But I may be wrong... Did you fix your issue somehow?
 
MacGyver78
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Mar 2008
Default Write protection 802w uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbainesy View Post
I'm with you southsamurai - I'm not a complete noob but this one has me stumped, my guess is our situation has nothing to do with the contents of platform.xml because even with root access I can't save changes to it...

But I may be wrong... Did you fix your issue somehow?
Hi guys

I just have my second 802w, this one is coming from UK , it is Kitkat 4.4 + sense 6.
I rooted it and recovery is twrp 2.7
The bootloader says "tampered" + "unlocked"

No way to change Platform.xml even by flashing through recovery usig a zip. It says succeed but same old file after reboot.
If I use the nexapp sdfix, it crashes after "continue" and reboot.
Same if I use a es explorer or total commander, when I push save, black screen + reboot.

It seems there is an additionnal protection on those last updated uk 802w

Anybody has a clue?
Tags
eaccess, permission denied, sd card
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes