[Q] What do you think?

OP JJKPL

28th February 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
More
Do you think this Nokia model is worth its price? What do you think about its specification and functions?
28th February 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

173 posts
I think it's worth the price, it running pretty smooth even with this bad hardware, and apps is not a problem since you can use nokia own map app, and there are many third party stores where you can download more than 500k Android apps. But ofc u can get GAPPS to nokia X
But i find the device to be very good for it's price.
2nd March 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #3  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 206

884 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpok

I think it's worth the price, it running pretty smooth even with this bad hardware, and apps is not a problem since you can use nokia own map app, and there are many third party stores where you can download more than 500k Android apps. But ofc u can get GAPPS to nokia X

This device seems solid, don't know if it used tweaked qualcomm dalvik, if not it may be worth a try to have even faster device.
2nd March 2014, 08:53 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 95

29 posts
The specs seem reasonable for the price. Also interesting from a development and support point of view - it wasn't that long ago that low end Android phones still had 480x320 (e.g., Samsung Galaxy Young), and such phones are still on sale today. The installed userbase moves slower, so there are still phones at 480x320 or even 320x240 in use. So it's nice that for anything on Nokia X, we have an absolute minimum of 800x480.

I tried the UI out in the Nokia X emulator, and it seemed nice.

It will be interesting to see how many Android applications Nokia X launches with from Nokia's own Nokia Store. They seem to have done the cunning move of partnering with 3rd party Android app sites to port apps - I got an email telling me they'd already ported my apps, and they were ready to publish.
3rd March 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 16

174 posts
A 5 inch android phone from Nokia is really worth the price of just 109 euro I think. I will probably buy one as soon we can get custom roms for it.
3rd March 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #6  
Flag Puerto Princesa City
Thanks Meter: 3

2 posts
More
Tutorial Nokia XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpok

[QUOTE] Nokia plans to release Nokia XL Q2 2014, much better specs than the first announced Nokia X, I'm worried about performance, compared to other Android devices, it runs Dual Core 1 GHz ARM Cortex A5 CPU, Adreno 203 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play chipset with 768 MB RAM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Squid_Ink_7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 22

173 posts
[QUOTE=Squid_Ink_7;50769649]
Quote:

Nokia plans to release Nokia XL Q2 2014, much better specs than the first announced Nokia X, I'm worried about performance, compared to other Android devices, it runs Dual Core 1 GHz ARM Cortex A5 CPU, Adreno 203 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play chipset with 768 MB RAM.

What device have better specs in same price range?
The Following User Says Thank You to lolpok For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 17

131 posts
Donate to Me
More
It would even be more of a worthy buy if Nokia allowed us to unlock the bootloader.
5th March 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakegriplingph

It would even be more of a worthy buy if Nokia allowed us to unlock the bootloader.

Totally agree!
5th March 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #10  
Flag Shenzhen
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Donate to Me
More
Red face As a old and famous brand I belive it deserve
Although Nokia hasn't that glorious, she is still a old and famous logo, and Nokia phone looks nice than most other phones, so does the quility.
I think and believe it deserve the price, cheap and reasonable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread