Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,715 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Haven't ever been able to upgrade firmware on Note 3 since purchase - what's up?

Tip us?

pipohippo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Haven't ever been able to upgrade firmware on Note 3 since purchase - what's up?

Hola,

Got my Note 3 a while back, and I'm getting itchy firmware fingers!

Maybe I'm being stupid - but so far I haven't had any luck in 'automatically' finding updated firmwares - still sitting on the MHN one that was installed when I bought the phone back on November.

Am I doing anything wrong? Do I need to root to be able to update the firmware? KIES says I'm on the latest... Not a network locked phone - have used t-mob, orange and currently a 3 sim.

Halp!

pipohippo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hup we go!

No updates have ever come through either OTA or KIES... why me!

Er. Aditya
Old
Thanks Meter 272

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipohippo View Post
Hup we go!

mate why dont you update via pc odin then ? and you dont need root to upgrade via kies

here try this for guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...guide-t1671969

get your firmware from here

http://www.samfirmware.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Er. Aditya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xclub_101
Old
(Last edited by xclub_101; 4th March 2014 at 06:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Hup we go!

Maybe you should post more details - for instance what version of Note 3 do you have (ideally you want to know the original code, something like N9005ZWE or N9005ZKEBTU, which identifies a N9005 for UK) and what firmware are you right now. And eventually what have you asked when originally asked about the country where you are (for the license agreement). If the combinations above get very weird you also need to know your effective CSC, but that could be a longer shot.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7
The Following User Says Thank You to xclub_101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pipohippo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the responses guys - I assumed Odin also required rooting, so I will have a proper look! Good questions to ask as well, so just for reference, phone is the following:

Product Code SM-N9005ZKEBTU
Bootloader Version N9005XXUBMHN
Baseband Version N9005XXUBMHN
Android Version 4.3 (whatever came out of the box)

Er. Aditya
Old
Thanks Meter 272

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for the responses guys - I assumed Odin also required rooting, so I will have a proper look! Good questions to ask as well, so just for reference, phone is the following:

No my friend as I said before updating via odi n dsnt require root... great now you can just download 4.4.2 firmware for your note 3 and update

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:

N9005ZKEBTU seems to be be EU-British unlocked N9005 - I would assume that you also picked UK when asked about the license agreement.

N9005XXUBMHN is a very interesting version of the firmware that is not even listed here:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=BTU#firmware

You seem to have a fairly recent firmware and for the moment there is no 4.4.2 version of the BTU sub-region.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

pipohippo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I am guessing that the firmware is actually way old, so it's not listed! Assuming the firmwares are in alphabetical order!

MHx < MJx

All UK aye - good to know that the phone is actually unlocked though I'll have a look on SamMobile and grab a nice 4.3 firmware - not ready for KitKat yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
N9005ZKEBTU seems to be be EU-British unlocked N9005 - I would assume that you also picked UK when asked about the license agreement.

N9005XXUBMHN is a very interesting version of the firmware that is not even listed here:

-

You seem to have a fairly recent firmware and for the moment there is no 4.4.2 version of the BTU sub-region.