Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more
Post Reply

No ROMs work successfully on XperiaT/TL?

OP nxhappy

1st March 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto, Canada
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Because I am still a Newbie to XDA, I am not able to post this in development.

Xperia TL Will Not Boot Any Roms, Made for the TL or T

I recently bought a used Xperia TL for $95. Since my in-use phone is a Droid Ultra, I am not gonna even attempt to develop on it.

That's why I bought this device. For development. Not knowing how limited the rom selection is for the device.
Rom's I have attempted to use so far, Have not been working (I tried XperimenT and XGhostRom)

I thought an Xperia T rom would work on it. But i guess they don't.

I did the same process every rom i've flashed in the past uses (Droid 2, Droid X, Evo4G)

>Wipe Data/Cache
>Wipe Dalvik Cache
>Flash rom (for 500mb roms... this device does it in less than a minute. Is that wrong?)
>Reboot. Let it sit an Sony logo for a minute.
>Doesnt boot
>Use PC assistant to restore it.
>Root
>Install BusyBox
>Install CWM
>Try again
>Continues

Is there something im doing wrong?

Status of Device:

Xperia TL
Locked Bootloader
Restoring to stock (as i type this)
Root Method: VRoot

Any help before I end up making this my paperweight?
1st March 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #2  
moliverac8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 63
 
609 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
I think that unlocking you're bootloader would solve your problems.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk
1st March 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto, Canada
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Non-Unlockable
Quote:
Originally Posted by moliverac8

I think that unlocking you're bootloader would solve your problems.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

Flashtool and the service menu both claim there's no way to.

Im guessing i'm stuck with this?
2nd March 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #4  
dyfk3l's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bavaria (near Germany)
Thanks Meter: 56
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxhappy

Flashtool and the service menu both claim there's no way to.

Im guessing i'm stuck with this?

When your bootloader cannot be unlocked (http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions), then you have to accept that, I'm afraid.
The only ROMS you can install are stock based ROMS, they work with locked BL. But every other ROM like CM, AOKP etc. won't work on your locked BL. Sorry.
2nd March 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto, Canada
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Any Other Ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfk3l

When your bootloader cannot be unlocked (http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions), then you have to accept that, I'm afraid.
The only ROMS you can install are stock based ROMS, they work with locked BL. But every other ROM like CM, AOKP etc. won't work on your locked BL. Sorry.

Alright. If there was any way the previous owner would take this back. (I know not to get At&t because of their service locking) what older device do you suggest I look out for? (I'm sure Verizon doesn't lock their phones) but what device should I keep my eye out for?
9th March 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #6  
Durteedee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
241 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxhappy

Alright. If there was any way the previous owner would take this back. (I know not to get At&t because of their service locking) what older device do you suggest I look out for? (I'm sure Verizon doesn't lock their phones) but what device should I keep my eye out for?

Verizon is well known for locked bootloader I think you should pick up an HTC device that can get s off try deving on that or an international Sony phone. The moto g that is unlocked from Google amazon and Motorola is quite dev friendly. As for the tl you have now try putting it up on swappa for like 120 sure it will sell swiftly

KitKat slo"g" slide
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia T, TL, TX, V General by ThreadRank