FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How to connect external hard drive to my Z Ultra

1st March 2014, 10:40 PM |#1  
iLilDark's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Irbid
Thanks Meter: 3
 
Donate to Me
More
I was trying to connect my 1TB external hard drive to my Z Ultra using the USB OTG, but I keep getting this message:
"USB storage empty or file system not supported"

Any way I could connect it without rooting the phone?

If it's impossible then please give me a link of the fastest way to root my phone (v 4.3 build number 14.2.A.1.136)


Thanks


Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers premium
1st March 2014, 11:06 PM |#2  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,632
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLilDark

I was trying to connect my 1TB external hard drive to my Z Ultra using the USB OTG, but I keep getting this message:
"USB storage empty or file system not supported"

Any way I could connect it without rooting the phone?

If it's impossible then please give me a link of the fastest way to root my phone (v 4.3 build number 14.2.A.1.136)


Thanks


Sent from my C6802 using xda app-developers premium

What format is the external drive?
2nd March 2014, 03:40 PM |#3  
iLilDark's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Irbid
Thanks Meter: 3
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

What format is the external drive?

NTFS
2nd March 2014, 04:02 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Try some app dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLilDark

NTFS

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ususb.importer

There might be others if this doesnt work or you need to be rooted for most of the apps to work.
As far as I know Xperia Z ultra supports Usb OTG out of the box
3rd March 2014, 04:01 AM |#5  
iLilDark's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Irbid
Thanks Meter: 3
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xperia Z ultra issues

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ususb.importer

There might be others if this doesnt work or you need to be rooted for most of the apps to work.
As far as I know Xperia Z ultra supports Usb OTG out of the box

i tried it but unfortunately it didn't work eaither, any way i could root my phone without unlocking the bootloader? ( 14.2.A.1.136 )
thanks
3rd March 2014, 04:37 AM |#6  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,632
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLilDark

i tried it but unfortunately it didn't work eaither, any way i could root my phone without unlocking the bootloader? ( 14.2.A.1.136 )
thanks

can you stop asking the same question in multiple threads, and READ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes