How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Vibrate when silent for SMS/MMS?

OP igotgame

2nd March 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
igotgame's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
I'm new to the Note 3 and can't seem to figure this out.

I don't need the phone to vibrate when the sound is on for notifications. However, when I set the phone to vibrate I want SMS/MMS to cause the phone to vibrate. I can't figure this out...

If I uncheck "Also vibrate when notified" under SMS/MMS settings, then that stops the vibrations when the phone sound is on. But when I put the phone to Vibrate mode.... messages won't vibrate the phone.

I need "Vibrate when silent" or something to that affect.

Am I missing something here?

Sent from my 2nd Gen Nexus 7
2nd March 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
46 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
I, too, was frustrated by the vibration behavior on this device with regard to notifications.

My suggestion is to try an app called Vybe in the market that solved all my problems.
2nd March 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #3  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgame

I'm new to the Note 3 and can't seem to figure this out.

I don't need the phone to vibrate when the sound is on for notifications. However, when I set the phone to vibrate I want SMS/MMS to cause the phone to vibrate. I can't figure this out...

If I uncheck "Also vibrate when notified" under SMS/MMS settings, then that stops the vibrations when the phone sound is on. But when I put the phone to Vibrate mode.... messages won't vibrate the phone.

I need "Vibrate when silent" or something to that affect.

Am I missing something here?

Sent from my 2nd Gen Nexus 7

Everything you should need is Under the sound settings. And then the vibrate settings. Most apps, including messages, and gmail, have a check box to vibrate as a notification. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd March 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #4  
igotgame's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith0731

Everything you should need is Under the sound settings. And then the vibrate settings. Most apps, including messages, and gmail, have a check box to vibrate as a notification. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm not sure where you are looking but I don't have check boxes anywhere in sound settings for messages, gmail, etc.

This is what I see and there are no check boxes for different apps in any of these areas.


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
2nd March 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgame

I'm not sure where you are looking but I don't have check boxes anywhere in sound settings for messages, gmail, etc.

This is what I see and there are no check boxes for different apps in any of these areas.


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

These settings are under each app itself.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear, here are the screen shots...

Under Gmail, click on the menu button, and go to settings, then click on your email address..

Under Messages, click on the More tab...

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1393788355126.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	2609879  
2nd March 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #6  
igotgame's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith0731

These settings are under each app itself.

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear, here are the screen shots...

Under Gmail, click on the menu button, and go to settings, then click on your email address..

Under Messages, click on the More tab...

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yea I knew that... The problem is if you check that Vibrate box under Message settings.. it will vibrate even when the sound is on, which I don't need. But if I uncheck it, text messages will not vibrate when the phone is set to vibrate. Kind of aggravating... I don't need the phone to vibrate when the ringer is on, but I don't have a choice because if I uncheck that box, messages will not vibrate when the phone is set to vibrate.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
2nd March 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #7  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgame

Yea I knew that... The problem is if you check that Vibrate box under Message settings.. it will vibrate even when the sound is on, which I don't need. But if I uncheck it, text messages will not vibrate when the phone is set to vibrate. Kind of aggravating... I don't need the phone to vibrate when the ringer is on, but I don't have a choice because if I uncheck that box, messages will not vibrate when the phone is set to vibrate.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I dont use vibrate at all...

However... what you may have to do is go under the Vibration Intensity, and slide those all the way down when you dont need vibrate, and slide them all the way up when you do need them.

That way you can keep your vibrate boxes checked at all time, and thats more of a master control for Vibration.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd March 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #8  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
You just want it to vibrate when the ringer is off correct? I think its going to take some work on your behalf, meaning you will have to use those sliders when the volume is off, raise the vibration up more. When the volume is on, lower the vibration. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.


Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd March 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #9  
igotgame's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith0731

You just want it to vibrate when the ringer is off correct? I think its going to take some work on your behalf, meaning you will have to use those sliders when the volume is off, raise the vibration up more. When the volume is on, lower the vibration. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.


Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yea no problem... And yes I just want it to vibrate when the ringer is off. Looks like I'd have to adjust the intensity eveytime I went from vibrate to ringer... Which sucks.

Hopefully Kit Kat fixes that


Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
3rd March 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #10  
Bsmith0731's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
473 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgame

Yea no problem... And yes I just want it to vibrate when the ringer is off. Looks like I'd have to adjust the intensity eveytime I went from vibrate to ringer... Which sucks.

Hopefully Kit Kat fixes that


Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Its lame that you see features in an older phone that aren't present in a newer phone... never understood that concept.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes