Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where should I preorder the phone in Germany?

Tip us?

Chad_Petree
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
Default Where should I preorder the phone in Germany?

I wanna get the Xperia Z2 as soon as it comes out , but I don't know who will receive it the fastest? It sounds logical to order it on the official sony website but they're not saying when will it be available, you can just preorder it, while Saturn and Mediamarkt are saying it will be available on the 15.04, on Amazon you can preorder too, but there's no mention of the release date , what do you guys recommend? Where should I buy it?

Publicglutton
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_Petree View Post
I wanna get the Xperia Z2 as soon as it comes out , but I don't know who will receive it the fastest? It sounds logical to order it on the official sony website but they're not saying when will it be available, you can just preorder it, while Saturn and Mediamarkt are saying it will be available on the 15.04, on Amazon you can preorder too, but there's no mention of the release date , what do you guys recommend? Where should I buy it?
I pre-ordered mine in Black from Sony uk & got a free nfc speaker thrown in worth over £100, but I am not sure if you would get the same deal in Germany.
However Handtec are doing the same deal (free nfc speaker), if you pre-order before the 7th April & it's £55 cheaper than Sony
You could give them a call & see if the deal is available for you, which I think it is.

Here:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/sony-xperia...8-speaker.html

Hope this helps
Sony Xperia Z2

Chad_Petree
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
I wanna buy it from a seller located in germany, in case I need to use the warranty it's easier, seems like I will have to get it on the sony website , here they're offering a fitness band I believe for 1 euro extra if you reserve it on the sony website "SMARTBAND SWR10" , quite boring if you ask me, sounds like your deal it's a lot better

Publicglutton
Old
(Last edited by Publicglutton; 6th March 2014 at 01:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
I wanna buy it from a seller located in germany, in case I need to use the warranty it's easier, seems like I will have to get it on the sony website , here they're offering a fitness band I believe for 1 euro extra if you reserve it on the sony website "SMARTBAND SWR10" , quite boring if you ask me, sounds like your deal it's a lot better

I know it's more convenient to purchase from Germany, however Handtec are very good, they have a 7 day no quibble guarantee and a 30 day returns policy for replacemant or refund, after that your phone has the 2 years Sony warranty.

Not only that but they also use excellent well respected delivery companies & dont forget you getting it cheaper than Sony plus a free Portable Speaker with Bluetooth® & NFC
SRS-BTM8...what's not to like

& NO I don't work for handtec , i've just used them for many years & they have been excellent for me personally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	715bc5db594470a96c2484d2d4fab048.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2616409  
Sony Xperia Z2

harfot
Old
(Last edited by harfot; 6th March 2014 at 01:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publicglutton View Post
I know it's more convenient to purchase from Germany, however Handtec are very good, they have a 7 day no quibble guarantee and a 30 day returns policy for replacemant or refund, after that your phone has the 2 years Sony warranty.

Not only that but they also use excellent well respected delivery companies & dont forget you getting it cheaper than Sony plus a free wireless NFC speaker SRS-BTX300 ...what's not to like

& NO I don't work for handtec , i've just used them for many years & they have been excellent for me personally.
I have also used Handtech for my last couples of Sony phones (including Z2) and they have always delivered promptly on release day.
Not that Handtech is much cheaper than if I bought her in Denmark but the free accessories are much more valuable (with the Z1 it was the SW2).
Btw. the speaker from Handtech is SRS-BTM8.
Best regards,
Harfot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503)
Android ver.: 4.4.2
ROM..........: Sony stock
Kernel........: DooMKernel (v09) by DooMLoRD (now DooMKernel on Arc, S, Z, Z1 and Z2)
Baseband..: 8974-AAAAANPZQ-00015-10
Version......: 17.1.2.A.0.314

The Following User Says Thank You to harfot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Publicglutton
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by harfot View Post
I have also used Handtech for my last couples of Sony phones (including Z2) and they have always delivered promptly on release day.
Not that Handtech is much cheaper than if I bought her in Denmark but the free accessories are much more valuable (with the Z1 it was the SW2).
Btw. the speaker from Handtech is SRS-BTM8.
Amended, Thanks
Sony Xperia Z2

Chad_Petree
Old
(Last edited by Chad_Petree; 18th March 2014 at 05:10 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publicglutton View Post
I pre-ordered mine in Black from Sony uk & got a free nfc speaker thrown in worth over £100, but I am not sure if you would get the same deal in Germany.
However Handtec are doing the same deal (free nfc speaker), if you pre-order before the 7th April & it's £55 cheaper than Sony
You could give them a call & see if the deal is available for you, which I think it is.

Here:

http://www.handtec.co.uk/sony-xperia...8-speaker.html

Hope this helps
Hmmm now I was considering it buying it con Handtec but its 626 euros and probably more with the international shipping? I don't really want or need the speaker, if it had been for the same price then of course yeah haha I'm guessing it will be amazon.de for me , still I'm waiting for the HTC unveil of the one to press the preorder button and get the Z2 if the M8 disappoints me like I think it will

One thing I don't understand is amazon's warranty, I tried to preorder the phone (just to see if it had an approximate date of delivery) and it gave the option to add a 60 eur 2 year warranty, so what does that mean? That amazon only offers a 30 day warranty ? :/

phil9309
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
One thing I don't understand is amazon's warranty, I tried to preorder the phone (just to see if it had an approximate date of delivery) and it gave the option to add a 60 eur 2 year warranty, so what does that mean? That amazon only offers a 30 day warranty ? :/
It has the normal 2 year warranty, you can add an A-to-Z-warranty by Amazon for premium service, but you don't need it.

Also you'll have warranty from Sony directly.

Chad_Petree
Old
(Last edited by Chad_Petree; 19th March 2014 at 08:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil9309 View Post
It has the normal 2 year warranty, you can add an A-to-Z-warranty by Amazon for premium service, but you don't need it.

Also you'll have warranty from Sony directly.
Oh thank you! I'm just confused because I got my macbook pro on amazon and I had a problem with the screen , apple repaired it but said they can only offer me one year warranty :/

Can you cancel a pre order from amazon? I want to pre order it but cancel in case the one (m8) has different specs than the leaked ones :'( aka a GOOD Battery and at least a 8 MP picture output

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

phil9309
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Oh thank you! I'm just confused because I got my macbook pro on amazon and I had a problem with the screen , apple repaired it but said they can only offer me one year warranty :/

Can you cancel a pre order from amazon? I want to pre order it but cancel in case the one (m8) has different specs than the leaked ones :'( aka a GOOD Battery and at least a 8 MP picture output

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
Of course you can. Just click on "Stornieren" and it'll cancel the preorder without asking questions. Useful information: Amazon will ALWAYS try to make you get warranty from the manufacturer itself, in your Macbook Pro case, Apple. Just tell them you don't want to go trough the process there and tell them you want Amazon to replace/repair the device for you. After a few minutes they'll do it because they have to, but of course they try to avoid the additional work.

Amazon.de definetly offers a 2 year warranty for german customers.

As for the battery, the M8 will have a 2600mAh battery that seems very small compared to the 3200 mAh the Z2 has to offer. Of course the software is a huge factor here too, but the Stamina mode of the Z2 is promising.