Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 41,386 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Incoming calls

Tip us?

Aegethir
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Incoming calls

Starting two days back, my Z1 receives incoming calls on external speakers instead of internal, so every incoming call starts that way. I need to manually put the call in internal speaker mode.

Unrooted, 4.3, the .290 build.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

thegios
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegethir View Post
Starting two days back, my Z1 receives incoming calls on external speakers instead of internal, so every incoming call starts that way. I need to manually put the call in internal speaker mode.

Same here, seems the priblem is latest Sony Sociallife update.
Try the following: clear cache and data, uninstall updates, deactivate app, restart. Let me know.
SONY Xperia Z1 - KK 4.4.4 - 14.4.A.0.108 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - JB 4.1.2 - N8000OXADNE4
The Following User Says Thank You to thegios For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aegethir
Old
(Last edited by Aegethir; 2nd March 2014 at 07:51 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios View Post
Same here, seems the priblem is latest Sony Sociallife update.
Try the following: clear cache and data, uninstall updates, deactivate app, restart. Let me know.
Well, what I did was have someone call me, and call answering was sent to external speaker as usual. During the conversation, I plugged in the headphones and call went to headphones, and then, during the call, I removed them.

After that, I had another three incoming calls, and everything went back to normal, calls were directed to internal audio, not external.

I did that, because I remember that two days ago I was using Walkman app, headphones on, and phone rang. Answered the call from phone's dialler app, and all was fine. And since then, it all started with calls to external, like the phone did not "remember" that headphones were removed.

But that is just my guess, since it seems this plugging/unplugging headphones now fixed it. But you also might be right, since it's two days ago that I've updated Socialife app indeed.

I will keep monitoring incoming calls' behavior, and if it reverts back to external, I will unistall updates, and clear cache etc.

Oh, and before doing the headphones trick, just plain restarting the phone didn't work.

Let me know if you can pinpoint more exactly the cause of all this.

chunlianghere
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegethir View Post

u place your phone on a flat surface? if its so, than the phone is helping u to use external speaker since u r not not bringing up the phone to your ear.

Sony Xperia Z1 | DooMKernel v08 / Advance Stock with Recovery v02 (681) Kernel | Stock De-Odex 14.3.A.0.681 KitKat 4.4 ROM

Sony Xperia V | vKernel-Xperia 1.2.5 Kernel | Smart Xperia™ ROM SX.05.1.A.2.425 (9.1.A.1.140)

Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray | xKernel v9.587-C | Android 4.1.B.0.587 Ice Cream Sandwich FlyLight

Nokia 2100 -> SE K300i -> SE W660i -> SE K770i -> SE G700 -> SE W995 -> SE Xperia Ray -> Sony Xperia V -> Sony Xperia Z1

Aegethir
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunlianghere View Post
u place your phone on a flat surface? if its so, than the phone is helping u to use external speaker since u r not not bringing up the phone to your ear.
No, phone is not on a flat surface, it is happening even when I put it to my ear, the call stays on external speaker, and I have to tap the on-screen button to direct it to internal speaker.

Lancerz
Old
Thanks Meter 238
This just started happening to me to, was going to post about it. Going to try some of your suggestions.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Aegethir
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerz View Post
This just started happening to me to, was going to post about it. Going to try some of your suggestions.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
In my case it seems that the headphones trick did the job (so far), but if it will persist, I will take a closer look at the Socialife app as well.

Avantiel
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Happening here with me as well. Can anyone confirm if it's socialife?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cippi21
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantiel View Post
Happening here with me as well. Can anyone confirm if it's socialife?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I can confirm is not haha....I have the app disabled since I got the phone never used it so don't think it's that

paullu
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I have that issue too
But not all the time

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
htc touch/ htc cruise /htc hd/ hd2/nexus one/hd7
htc incredible s/Htc sensation /htc hd7(again)/ galaxy s2/ galaxy s3
sony tx / xperia ZL / xperia z1/htc m8/xperia z2