Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more
Thread Closed

Nexus 4 16GB or HTC One 32GB?

2nd March 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

294 posts
Hi there,

I'm planning to sell my Nexus 4 and get the HTC One, I've always wanted the HTC One.

The only considerable difference I can see in specs is the Camera, HTC One at 4MP and Nexus 4 at 8MP, but strangely the Camera on the Nexus 4 isn't that impressive anyway.

Can someone shed some light on differences between these phones and will it be better to stay with Nexus 4 or go with HTC One?

To me, the visible differences are that Nexus 4 has 4.4 KitKat and 8MP Camera. Is the Camera on the HTC One better?

How about Benchmarks, does the HTC One beat Nexus 4 in all Benchmarks where can I check this?

Please advise, cheers!
2nd March 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 316

1,248 posts
HTC One has better SoC (processor and GPU), better screen (1080p vs 720), better sound, more internal space, better battery. Which isn't a surprise, since HTC One is a generation younger than Nexus 4.

The only question is price: ff you're going to buy HTC One new at full price, wait 3 weeks, because HTC One (2014) is going to be presented on 25th March and launched in the first week of April.
2nd March 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

294 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself11

HTC One has better SoC (processor and GPU), better screen (1080p vs 720), better sound, more internal space, better battery. Which isn't a surprise, since HTC One is a generation younger than Nexus 4.

The only question is price: ff you're going to buy HTC One new at full price, wait 3 weeks, because HTC One (2014) is going to be presented on 25th March and launched in the first week of April.

I won't be. What price do you reckon it will be dropped to this version I'm getting. I'm gonna try get it for 180 new/used if I can, I'm confident I can do it. Will the new be dropped to any price near that?
2nd March 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #4  

1,248 posts
180 is too low, even used.

Right now - at least in Portugal - prices of used HTC One in mint condition are around 400€. Maybe in a month or two prices might drop to 350 or 300€. Don't expect lower than that.
2nd March 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #5  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 35

292 posts
More
For hardware, HTC One is way better. But I would keep the Nexus 4 because the pure Android, the instant android updates and the features that most phones do not support.
It's your choice and the decision depends on your needs and what you do like most
2nd March 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #6  

1,248 posts
Nexus is always a Nexus, but HTC One has a lot of support and even a Google Edition.
2nd March 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #7  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 35

292 posts
More
OK. The thing I do not like very much on HTC phones is the user interface, while Nexus phones have stock Android launcer.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd March 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #8  
Forum Moderator
Flag Jumpston Junction
Thanks Meter: 2,523

3,160 posts
There are 3 threads devoted to discussions about devices, please repost your question in one of these three threads: The what should I buy thread or the The Device Suggestion Thread or the The Device Comparison Thread.

Thanks!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google, htc, nexus
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in General by ThreadRank