An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge – XDA TV

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more
Post Reply

Low internal storage after flashing roms

3rd March 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
darredevvil's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
hello after flashing some ROMS i noticed the internal storage on my NOTE 2 has dropped to 3 Gbs. I installed via cwm and i first wiped data/factory reset, then i wiped cache partition and also wiped dalvik cache.how can i fix this? thanks guys
3rd March 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #2  
TheATHEiST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 891
 
4,092 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by darredevvil

hello after flashing some ROMS i noticed the internal storage on my NOTE 2 has dropped to 3 Gbs. I installed via cwm and i first wiped data/factory reset, then i wiped cache partition and also wiped dalvik cache.how can i fix this? thanks guys

You can fix it by giving relevant information to the people who will potentially be helping you.

Which roms did you flash?
Has your total or available dropped to 3GB??
Can you provide screens of storage details???
Last edited by TheATHEiST; 3rd March 2014 at 12:49 AM.
3rd March 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #3  
darredevvil's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
yes i am sorry. You are right. So,I have flashed a series of omega ROMS : Omega V18, Omega V19 up to Omega V23, As you see the available space is now 3.8 gb after i uninstalled some apps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-03 05.09.43.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	2610455
3rd March 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #4  
geekynoob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,343
 
3,106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darredevvil

yes i am sorry. You are right. So,I have flashed a series of omega ROMS : Omega V18, Omega V19 up to Omega V23, As you see the available space is now 3.8 gb after i uninstalled some apps.

Attachment 2610455

Just tap on the miscellaneous bar.. and check what is hogging your space... There is stuff in your phone which only u can see and remove
3rd March 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #5  
darredevvil's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekynoob

Just tap on the miscellaneous bar.. and check what is hogging your space... There is stuff in your phone which only u can see and remove


thank you but i already have done that..and i that on my sd card this is the isue described here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...file+structure

i have a ton of 0 directories on my media file!
/data/media/0/0/0/0/0/0

i have found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097452

but i don t know if this works in my case
Last edited by darredevvil; 3rd March 2014 at 10:35 AM.
3rd March 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #6  
geekynoob's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,343
 
3,106 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darredevvil

thank you but i already have done that..and i that on my sd card this is the isue described here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...file+structure

i have a ton of 0 directories on my media file!
/data/media/0/0/0/0/0/0

i have found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2097452

but i don t know if this works in my case

use a root exporer-- go to data/media and this is where all the files are hidin.. DRAG THEM OUT
3rd March 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 290
 
978 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
You can solve this by using a program called diskusage.

Sent from galaxy n7105
5th March 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
What I did
Quote:
Originally Posted by darredevvil

hello after flashing some ROMS i noticed the internal storage on my NOTE 2 has dropped to 3 Gbs. I installed via cwm and i first wiped data/factory reset, then i wiped cache partition and also wiped dalvik cache.how can i fix this? thanks guys


Before I would install any custom Rom what I always do is erase my WHOLE internal storage not removing might stack the files
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank