Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 52,896 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MTK 6575 - S3 Replica GT-I9300 - No radio service

Tip us?
 
filipemendes
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Post [Q] MTK 6575 - S3 Replica GT-I9300 - No radio service

Hi to all!

This is my first post i xda-developers, but i have been following the forum for some time.

I tried to help a friend flashing a replica of an S3 GT-I9300 which he bought in Thailand.
I've done it with the SP Flash Tool and everything worked as it should.
The "only" problem is that the phone doesn't recognize the network radio (i think).
I've entered in the "Engeneer Mode" with Mobileuncle and tried to re-write de IMEI on SIM1.
But when i try that it says "Failed to write IMEI due to radio unavailable or something else."

I've tried with several rom's and allways says the same.

When the phone turns on it doesn't even asks for the pin.

Is there anything i can do to save the phone?

Thanks in advance!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to filipemendes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
GuneetAtwal
Old
#2  
GuneetAtwal's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,544
Posts: 1,981
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Punjab
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipemendes View Post
Hi to all!

This is my first post i xda-developers, but i have been following the forum for some time.

I tried to help a friend flashing a replica of an S3 GT-I9300 which he bought in Thailand.
I've done it with the SP Flash Tool and everything worked as it should.
The "only" problem is that the phone doesn't recognize the network radio (i think).
I've entered in the "Engeneer Mode" with Mobileuncle and tried to re-write de IMEI on SIM1.
But when i try that it says "Failed to write IMEI due to radio unavailable or something else."

I've tried with several rom's and allways says the same.

When the phone turns on it doesn't even asks for the pin.

Is there anything i can do to save the phone?

Thanks in advance!!!
try to search for any Backup of that device so that you can restore it and then your radio service will start again

Hope it helps

Follow my Site for all latest happening in Geek World : http://www.tech-feed.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GuneetAtwal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
filipemendes
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuneetAtwal View Post
try to search for any Backup of that device so that you can restore it and then your radio service will start again

Hope it helps
Can't find it anywhere...i've tried so many roms and all of them have the same problem...
 
GuneetAtwal
Old
#4  
GuneetAtwal's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,544
Posts: 1,981
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Punjab
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipemendes View Post
Can't find it anywhere...i've tried so many roms and all of them have the same problem...

Have you tried MTV Droid tools to restore the imei?

Follow my Site for all latest happening in Geek World : http://www.tech-feed.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GuneetAtwal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
filipemendes
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
That could work. But i tried that already and MTK Tools says it can't find the phone. Do you know how the connection should be made? Without the battery and with the phone connected or just connect inside android with usb debugging on?
 
GuneetAtwal
Old
#6  
GuneetAtwal's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,544
Posts: 1,981
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Punjab
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipemendes View Post
That could work. But i tried that already and MTK Tools says it can't find the phone. Do you know how the connection should be made? Without the battery and with the phone connected or just connect inside android with usb debugging on?
First install drivers search on Google for mt6575 and then connect your phone with usb debugging on

Follow my Site for all latest happening in Geek World : http://www.tech-feed.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GuneetAtwal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes