Do you guys think there would be a Windows 8.1 rom for nexus 7(2013)

OP brenty108

3rd March 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag santa flora
Thanks Meter: 233

875 posts
Donate to Me
Yeah so wouldn't it be cool if we ran windows 8.1 on our nexus devices? The roms around are just different forms of the same android with a tweak here, one there, a speed boost over there and a better benchmark score way over there. Great with the highest benchmark I'm sure to live ten years longer. Is this something you guys would want? I certainty can't do it. So anyone working on such a thing? Is it even possible? I heard something about Microsoft approving something like that or something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
3rd March 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Odobesti
Thanks Meter: 163

536 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenty108

Yeah so wouldn't it be cool if we ran windows 8.1 on our nexus devices? The roms around are just different forms of the same android with a tweak here, one there, a speed boost over there and a better benchmark score way over there. Great with the highest benchmark I'm sure to live ten years longer. Is this something you guys would want? I certainty can't do it. So anyone working on such a thing? Is it even possible? I heard something about Microsoft approving something like that or something.

Would you really want Windows RT?
3rd March 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #3  
Look behind you...
Thanks Meter: 316

1,139 posts
Quote:

Microsoft's software is closed source - the reason you see lots of Android development is because anyone can download the source code and make edits. To get Win 8.1 on the Nexus 7 (I'm assuming you mean the RT version), Google would have to pay Microsoft the licensing fee which most likely they won't do.
4th March 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag santa flora
Thanks Meter: 233

875 posts
Donate to Me
Yeah i know but even RT would be fine. And I don't mean official windows and Google making a deal, I mean some XDA developer coming through. Well I guess no then. Thank you. Im not a total noob, I just like asking noob questions once in awhile for noobs sake

4th March 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 130

582 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah i know but even RT would be fine. And I don't mean official windows and Google making a deal, I mean some XDA developer coming through. Well I guess no then. Thank you. Im not a total noob, I just like asking noob questions once in awhile for noobs sake

He/she wouldn't be able to post it on xda since it would be illegal

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread