Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,428 Members 47,103 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Smart mode Wi-Fi reset?

Tip us?
 
dimm0k
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 275
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Smart mode Wi-Fi reset?

is it possible to reset the database used for the "Smart mode" Wi-Fi option? When I first got my device I remember after a day or so the Wi-Fi would automatically turn on if I was in the vicinity of my home and my parent's home. Now it won't turn on in either locations, however it will turn on in certain locations "randomly" that do have Wi-Fi... for example today at work it would turn on several times after turning it off and entering certain floors that carried Wi-Fi. There has to be a database of some sort or a way to reset it so the only two locations that matter to me, home and parent's home, get preference to "Smart mode". any suggestions?
 
JerryGNYC
Old
#2  
JerryGNYC's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 706
Posts: 2,034
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: You can't get here from there...
Theoretical, haven't tried it, but try this -

Settings / More / Application Manager / All / Sprint Connections Optimizer -
Force stop
Clear cache and data
reboot
"Common sense is on perpetual backorder..."
Devices: SPH-L720T NC6 | HTC EVO 4G LTE, HW Rev 0003, S-OFF | Asus TF101 HW B70
>>> If you've found any post helpful, please press its "THANKS" button <<<
Thanks to all the devs (ROMs, mods, themes, apps, etc.) who make our devices great(er)!
"I am NOT who I look like..."
 
dimm0k
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 275
Join Date: Jan 2014
thanks for responding, unfortunately I do not see "Sprint Connections Optimizer" even under the All tab in Application Manager. I'm on 4.3 if that makes any difference...
 
JerryGNYC
Old
#4  
JerryGNYC's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 706
Posts: 2,034
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: You can't get here from there...
That's Really Odd....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-04-20-48-37.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	2613804  
"Common sense is on perpetual backorder..."
Devices: SPH-L720T NC6 | HTC EVO 4G LTE, HW Rev 0003, S-OFF | Asus TF101 HW B70
>>> If you've found any post helpful, please press its "THANKS" button <<<
Thanks to all the devs (ROMs, mods, themes, apps, etc.) who make our devices great(er)!
"I am NOT who I look like..."
 
sinebubble
Old
#5  
sinebubble's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 32
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGNYC View Post
That's Really Odd....
I don't have the Sprint Optimizer as well. I found this thread because the "do you want to use smart mode" (paraphrasing) pops up all the time for me despite the fact that I always have it enabled. It's quite annoying when it pops up in the middle of the night and lights up the entire bedroom. Anyone else suffering from this deluded feature?
 
JerryGNYC
Old
#6  
JerryGNYC's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 706
Posts: 2,034
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: You can't get here from there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimm0k View Post
thanks for responding, unfortunately I do not see "Sprint Connections Optimizer" even under the All tab in Application Manager. I'm on 4.3 if that makes any difference...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinebubble View Post
I don't have the Sprint Optimizer as well. I found this thread because the "do you want to use smart mode" (paraphrasing) pops up all the time for me despite the fact that I always have it enabled. It's quite annoying when it pops up in the middle of the night and lights up the entire bedroom. Anyone else suffering from this deluded feature?
Do you both have 720s or 720Ts?
"Common sense is on perpetual backorder..."
Devices: SPH-L720T NC6 | HTC EVO 4G LTE, HW Rev 0003, S-OFF | Asus TF101 HW B70
>>> If you've found any post helpful, please press its "THANKS" button <<<
Thanks to all the devs (ROMs, mods, themes, apps, etc.) who make our devices great(er)!
"I am NOT who I look like..."
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...