FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi dear helpers,
I got a phone (LG-F160S ) for my girl friend. I already have my own same rooted phone but of " K " variant.
I rooted and installed cwm recovery on her "S" variant, and nand restored her S phone with my K back up.
Now the phone boots, giving "Security error" under LG logo. Situation now is:

>It goes to "LG repair service mode", gets detected as adb device and adb works.

>Goes to "download mode" but doesn't get detected at all, not even a device attached sound on windows, as if nothing has been connected to Pc. Download mode just stays there as if hung and stuck. So can't flash Kdz

> have tried different computers and different data cables but no luck.

> My own K variant with same computer setup and drivers gets detected properly on download mode, but that victimized " S " variant shows no signs of connectivity, although it works and responds to Adb from "Lg service repair mode ".

Now please tell me what do I do next to revive phone? I think the wrong boot.img has been restored. SO may be need to somehow flash appropriate boot.img via Adb.??

Help please you all Nice helpers....

Sent from my LG-F160 using Tapatalk 2

11th March 2016, 01:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
having same problem with 2 lg phones but no help came out. yet!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by salman1497

Hi dear helpers,
I got a phone (LG-F160S ) for my girl friend. I already have my own same rooted phone but of " K " variant.
I rooted and installed cwm recovery on her "S" variant, and nand restored her S phone with my K back up.
Now the phone boots, giving "Security error" under LG logo. Situation now is:

>It goes to "LG repair service mode", gets detected as adb device and adb works.

>Goes to "download mode" but doesn't get detected at all, not even a device attached sound on windows, as if nothing has been connected to Pc. Download mode just stays there as if hung and stuck. So can't flash Kdz

> have tried different computers and different data cables but no luck.

> My own K variant with same computer setup and drivers gets detected properly on download mode, but that victimized " S " variant shows no signs of connectivity, although it works and responds to Adb from "Lg service repair mode ".

Now please tell me what do I do next to revive phone? I think the wrong boot.img has been restored. SO may be need to somehow flash appropriate boot.img via Adb.??

Help please you all Nice helpers....

actually I was trying to unbrick these devices having same but some different issues, 1st one goes to download mode but pc doesn't recognize my phone as there is nothing attached to it, while the other one have nothiing!! no recovery no download mode no nothing, just Lg logo with consistent restarts and no detection. Maybe there is a solution or maybe not, But I need to know for sure!!
Note!! everything in hardware is good the problem only occurred when these phones were being rooted..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)