Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Attempted Update with Kies failed

Tip us?

notquitepro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Attempted Update with Kies failed

Galaxy s2 Skyrocket was running 2.3.8 I believe. Tried to upgrade my firmware with Kies. Got an error message, yet when attempting a Emergency Recovery or Upgrade and Initialization it fails every time. I also cannot get the phone off of the "Firmware upgrade encountered and issue" scren ---This is even after I hold both volume buttons and hit the UP to CONTINUE--- I have tried the Odin3-v1.85 but it says that philz_touch_6.10.3-skyrocket.tar.md5 is invalid (Got that off of the top of the page of threads)

Any help at all is so appreciated.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3194
Kies is a pos. Use Odin to flash the firmware you want. See the stickies in the development forum

notquitepro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Will they include a .mda (or whatever it is) that will work? And still the phone only goes into that one mode. Would taking the phone to an at&t store be a good idea?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using xda app-developers app

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3194
Quote:
Originally Posted by notquitepro View Post
Will they include a .mda (or whatever it is) that will work? And still the phone only goes into that one mode. Would taking the phone to an at&t store be a good idea?

Sent from my SCH-S738C using xda app-developers app
I'm not sure what you mean by .mda. I'd recommend you go to sammobile.com and download the ucmc1 firmware then use this guide and Odin to flash it http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26056924